“Helpful staff. Relaxed atmosphere and good value”
Review of Mudpie Creative Studio - CLOSED

Mudpie Creative Studio
Reviewed 4 March 2015

This is my 3rd visit to Mudpie with my 3 children 6 months, 5 &8 since we’ve moved to Folkestone. It is a fantastic place to bring the children and we all enjoy it very much. A lot of choice,books to read and very helpful staff.

1  Thank Margiecas
Liza B, Owner at Mudpie Creative Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2015

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we hope to see you soon.

All reviews
"shop"
in 3 reviews
"life"

Reviewed 2 March 2015

We held my eleven year old's birthday party here and I couldn't recommend it highly enough! The girls loved the pottery painting and the owner and his son were really friendly and attentive. We bought our own food which they put out out for us and drinks were part of the price. Very good value for money and really charming!

1  Thank Mandy S

I am so happy you enjoyed your party. We love parties at Mudpie and try to make them as fun as possible.

Reviewed 15 February 2015

The place itself is very nice, with quirky items dotted about to buy, as well as the pottery business itself, however the lady owner is not child friendly as soon as we arrived she tried her best to turn us away, trying to put us off, saying they had a large birthday party coming soon and a table clearly large enough for us all actually only seated less than we needed. She had a very strict set of rules for the painting and felt like she watched over the children to prevent them doing anything she disagreed with. So if your an adult or have much older children it'd be fine but stay away if yours are younger! I won't be back.

1  Thank Louloubatt
Liza B, Owner at Mudpie Creative Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2015

I'm sorry you feel this way however you make it sound that you were turned away because you have children. That is clearly wrong as the majority of our customer base comprises of younger children. When you first entered our shop (I think there were 7 or 8 of you and at that time) we only had seating available for 4 people and I was explaining that we could put you on a waiting list and would ring you back as soon as a suitable table became available. At that moment 2 customers finished and got up to leave and It was only then that we able to accommodate all of you by adding 2 child chairs to the table that had just left.

I visited your table (as we always do) to give an explanation as how best to use the equipment and to explain what we have available to use. Yes there are some rules at Mudpie but they are for two reasons. 1. So that people do not ruin their pottery by using baby wipes or getting the residue of hand cream or food on their work and 2. For obvious Safety reasons we ask that children do not climb, jump on furniture or stand on chairs.

Of course we keep an eye on the tables, people ask for advice or need their water freshened up and used cups, glasses and plates cleared away, I visited your table twice (after the initially explanation), once to check on the water to see if you needed it changing and another to check if everything was ok. I did however at one stage ask that you please refrain from letting your child jump on the chair behind you because I was worried about her safety.

Mudpie is incredibly child friendly as the majority of our customers will attest however we are not an indoor play area. Whilst we want everyone to have a good experience, the health and Safety of the children and in fact all our customers is and always will be a priority.

Reviewed 5 November 2014

My granddaughter choose Mudpie to celebrate her 8th birthday. We were allocated a large table and they had such fun painting and comparing their artwork. We were well looked after and made to feel very welcome. It was the easiest birthday party in a long line of grandchildren's birthdays and I even had time to relax on the sofa enjoying a delicious coffee and birthday cake.

1  Thank dawntilldusk

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we're so happy you enjoyed it here.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 October 2014

My friends little girl had been driving us mad to go after one of her friends from school went. We were a bit sceptical about her ability at the age of 6 to concentrate on painting something for more than 5 minutes but went along anyway. Not sure who had the most fun us or the children - massive choice of things to paint , full instructions (both written and verbal) provided and a good time was had by all - we had tea, hot chocolate and biscuits which were all excellent and not too expensive - have just collected by mug which I am very proud of and will definitely be going back to make the "matching pair" soon.

2  Thank Kerren66

Most parents and people that bring in children are surprised at how long they paint. It's a lovely thing to do. Thank you so much for your lovely review.