“Quiet small”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Old School Lodge

To welcome you......x
Cosy and comfortable
Shower room
A birthday surprise
Book a surprise treat for someone special
We'll cater to your special occasion
Port of Dover
Etchinghill Golf Club
Canterbury Cathedral
Ashford Designer Outlet
Leas Cliff Hall entertainment venue in Folkestone
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sydney Australia
“Quiet small”
Reviewed 8 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

Easy to find. Well presented and set out. Parking was easy. Everything you could need. Everything in the kitchen you need except an egg flip which we found out whilst frying eggs but no biggy. Heater was on and some milk in the fridge which was great since it was very cold and wet. Nice coming into a warm room. Tesco is virtually around the corner which was very convenient. The lodge itself is very small with the bed against the wall so to get out of bed you had to climb over the other person. Bathroom was constantly wet and had that wet smell as there is no window for ventilation. If your going to use the washing machine leave the room as I think the bearings are gone and it sounds like a jumbo jet is warming up for take off when it spins.
Was a great stay despite those few things. Nice watching the squirrels run around. Would go back for sure.

Michielle...
London, United Kingdom
“Can't praise it enough!!”
Reviewed 2 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

How rare it is to find a little jewel like the 'Old School Lodge' where both the accommodation and the owners are so lovely. The lodge is small, but so well appointed that it seems a lot more spacious. It's extremely well decorated, spotlessly clean and the owner provides lovely little extras that make you feel even more welcome. The property it'self is secluded enough to be private but not so much that you feel isolated. Its a perfect base from which to explore the Kent coast, but alternatively If you just want to kick back and relax, either indoors or in the pretty garden, everything you need has been provided - they've literally thought of everything!
Thanks Jamie and Jane for a lovely stay!! We'll definitely be back!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The accommodation was well decorated and spotlessly ckean
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Apollo091...
“I wouldn't normally do this but.....”
Reviewed 9 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I never write reviews, frankly I'm quite difficult to please!
The old school lodge was fantastic, I booked for two nights for my husbands birthday! Folkestone west station is tricky to get to from where we live which was annoying but I'll be driving for our next visit. The actual place was easy enough to find, taxi drivers got a little confused but we always got there! When we arrived I was thrilled, my husband hadn't seen it and he was happy too. It's small, but perfect for a couple who due to work and life in general don't get much time to spend together!
All plugs etc are clearly labelled so you know what you're using.
The bed is comfortable, there's wifi, TV, DVD.
I packed towels, food stuffs but there was already basics there!
Jane- the lady that dealt with us, was lovely, she was very polite and attentive.
There's a little folder with local numbers including a vets number which as a veterinary nurse I was very pleased about!! There was really nothing I can fault! We got a taxi into Folkestone on the second day (cost about £8) and that was lovely too!!
I cannot wait to go back early next year. The outside space is fantastic also, really beautiful. I've showed friends and family photos I've taken and they've all been very impressed!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Godfrey B
Sagy, France
“Has everything for two people to enjoy Folkestone”
Reviewed 6 March 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

This tiny cottage certainly does have everything you need for a self catering break/ holiday near Folkestone. Its not spacious by any means but we were very comfortable. However, there are two major problems that we encountered on both of our overnight stays in December. The first was the overwhelming smell of damp which no amount of air fresheners could disguise. The second problem was that on both occasions the bathroom was dirty. The bottom half of the shower was definitely in need of a good scrub with all ledges in the bathroom dusty - even behind the taps! I cleaned the toilet seat myself because there was some evidence of something down the loo when we arrived and I wasn't comfortable. If the bathroom was spotless and the smell was sorted out I would happily pay more because it has so much going for it, and then recommend it to a friend.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Mariannet...
“Just beautiful and romantic”
Reviewed 15 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We has a lovely stay at old school lodge . Everything was on your doorstep yet it felt like you was in the Middle of nowhere . Highly recommended we will definitely be going back . Thank you Jane and Jamie .

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$85
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing