“Perfect spot for a girls weekend!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Welcome Home
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Awilkinso...
London
“Perfect spot for a girls weekend!!”
Reviewed 20 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I was looking for a house for a hen do party that included 14 women and a 9 week old baby and Norfolk House fitted the bill perfectly.

The house itself is beautiful and really full of character. Over the course of a weekend we made full use of every room in the house but my favourites would be the kitchen which had everything you would need in terms of cutlery etc and even a personalised electric banner wishing my friend a happy hen do which was a lovely touch! second favourite is the large casual dining room/lounge this was great for our Friday night in as we used he long table to seat everyone and had pizza and played games and then retired onto the comfy sofa's complete with cushions and throws to watch a movie we had brought with us.
It also doubles as a great space for a bit of dancing and cocktails on the Saturday night!

The outside space was fab for what we wanted as we had a BBQ on the Saturday evening, due to location you can't expect a huge outdoor space and the garden was perfect for what we needed.

Plenty of free parking in cemetery road with enough space for a few cars at the back of the house too.

All in all the owners were great to deal with and did a great job of opening their home to us. Everybody commented on what a great property it was!

Thanks Charlotte and Darren we had a great time!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
21 Aug 2016
Amy we are delighted you and your hens enjoyed your stay, and thank you for taking care of our home, enjoy the wedding! Thank you for you lovely review! x
Brumtrave...
Moseley, Birmingham
“Great Hen Party base easily accommodating 16 of us”
Reviewed 18 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

16 of us were easily accommodated in this fantastic house. It. Is. Huge. Lovely 14' high ceilings, spacious rooms, lots of bathrooms. Really super. The communal spaces were multiple and vast. We all sat for a dinner on the Saturday night. We were fortunate to have great weather so we used the garden space a lot but if the weather had been bad, the rooms inside would have been fantastic for coming together in too. The rooms are of a high quality. Marked it 4 rather than 5 because some of the rooms that slept 6 had no bathroom so have to share a family bathroom connected to another room. This is minor overall because there were plenty of en suite rooms (I'm jealous of that!). You'll also get a window into a little piece of clubbing history if you stay at the house.

We didn't go into Huddersfield (well, not that I know of-v confusing road system there!) but we did make the most of the location by visiting Holmfirth Vineyard for an excellent tour and tasting in a really stunning setting and a v inexpensive afternoon tea (which was ok). They're very committed to the area and quality wine and Lance that did our tour was super.

After this, things rapidly became less civilised, as two 'butlers in the buff' arrived to serve drinks!

We also went into Leeds one evening. V easy trip.

I'd recommend booking this house for a party and more specifically making the most of Charlotte's excellent hosting and her knowledge of / connections in the area. It made organising the hen party (always like herding cats at the best of times!) much easier and more successful than I'd have been able to do alone.

Thanks for having us!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
21 Aug 2016
Thank you girls, it was a pleasure to host your hen do, we are so pleased you loved the house. Thank you for your review and leaving the house so tidy. Enjoy the weeding and thank you for choosing Norfolk House.
Kieran W
“Perfect getaway for big groups - has everything!”
Reviewed 2 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I took 18-odd people to this property for my big brother's stag do and, I must say, we were VERY impressed.
The house itself is quite enormous, larger than the photos make it seem, and all of the people who went felt as though they had plenty of space, regardless of some of us having to share bedrooms. Lovely big kitchen with all the utensils you could wish for and the dining room are complimented by 2 excellent lounging areas, with plenty of seating space for everyone to hang out in one room. All bathrooms are spacious and the whole interior and exterior of the house are beautifully designed and furnished.
We went for a long walk around Digley Reservoir which provided some really lovely views across Yorkshire without being too strenuous and ended up at the Holmfirth Vineyard, where we had a tour, tasting and 3 course meal for the very reasonable price of £40 per head. It was very interesting and the food was delicious (if the portions a little small) - I'd recommend this activity to anyone thinking of visiting this property.
The house is perfectly situated for both the countryside and trips into Huddersfield proper, with plenty of supermarkets and (more importantly for our stag do) places to go for a pint nearby. One such place of particular note was Northern Taps, a pub that's a short walk away from the house, where we had a delicious and reasonably priced meal served by lovely staff.
Quite simply the perfect weekend getaway for big groups!

P.S. Charlotte (owner) is a true delight and very helpful indeed!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great, spacious lounge for all the lads to enjoy the Champions League Final!
Liked least: Very much not applicable!
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
3 Jun 2016
Thank you Kieran what a great review we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and looked after our home so well!! Glad that the Taps and The Vineyard were enjoyed you you and the group... Our first stag and you were all perfectly behaved!! X
Sarah P
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Mrs”
Reviewed 29 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

After being recommended to stay here by a friend for a place I could hold a family reunion,(due to me living in Sydney now) I am so glad I booked this house. What a place it is! I felt like I was staying in a mini Downton Abbey. You don't get many houses like this in Sydney, so to be able to stay in one made me feel very grand. Also being so close to the train station made it very easy for families to arrive to stay with me. Very central to all the amenities you need, like supermarket, fantastic park lands to explore. Delicious Yorkshire food close by and a must is going to the Farmers Boy in Shepley. We also managed to go on some great walks around Hebdan Bridge and Skipton Moore. Charlotte the host couldn't have been more helpful and really made me feel right at home. Fantastic holiday and I'm sure I'll be back again in the not too distant future. Thanks for a great time and I'll always remember that special week in such a wonderful house.

1 May 2016
Hi Sarah
It was a pleasure to have you stay at NH for your celebrations. You were brilliant guests and left the house immaculate. I'm glad you enjoyed Hebdan, I recommend the canal walk to Marsden on your next visit.
Michelle...
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“AMAZING stylish home in an excellent location!”
Reviewed 27 April 2016 for a stay in June 2014

I stayed at Norfolk house with my 2 boys. The house is really spacious, stylish and child friendly! Near to the beautiful Greenhead Park where there is loads to do. A short walk into Huddersfield where there are some lovely restaurants. The train station has really quick trains to Manchester, Leeds and York should you wish to explore the surrounding cities too! We had a lovely time, will definitely return.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house is an amazing space to chill out!
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
28 Apr 2016
Michelle, it was a pleasure to host you while your house was been renavated. I hope you returned to a beautiful new house. Many thanks Charlotte.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing