“Magical fun”

The Magical Forest Children's Play Centre
Ranked #20 of 53 things to do in Huddersfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Magical Forest is a family run business based in Huddersfield. We offer a substantial indoor soft play area with a multilevel play frame providing a safe and secure environment for children from 0-10 years. The Magical Forest has open activity areas including a multilevel play frame for older children, a separate baby zone which offers a stimulating experience with numerous toys. We also have a bouncy castle for kids who need to burn off energy! Other activity areas include an interactive zone featuring a home corner area, ride on toys as well as a cafe and cosy seating areas. Look out for our weekly events which allow even more interactive fun.
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Came for first time with our 2 year old nephew.
Staff gave us a very warm welcome.
The whole place was spotlessly clean and very well equipped.
There is a multi storey play area with a large carpeted area in front for trundle toys.
Other, seperate, areas cater for much younger children/toddlers/babies and another area is darkened with sensory lights.
We had lunch which was delicious and freshly prepared - well priced too.
Only draw back are the flights of stone steps up to the room, I'd not want yo leave a push chair down there.
But well worth a visit. Long may they continue to collect great reviews.

1  Thank Linda H
in 3 reviews
"chips"
"grandson"

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Love coming here, my little boy has become very confident using the equipment & always wants to come in when we are walking nearby. The staff are really friendly & helpful & the coffee is top notch keep up the good work

Pete & Dexter

1  Thank Pete F
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

New to town, I was introduced to The Magical Forest by a local and this visit did not disappoint. We have returned 3 times in 2 weeks and plan on making our visits a regular gig.
Play equipment is in great condition with a variety of areas and play equipment throughout.
There are tables and chair and lounge chairs, private little nooks for those that want some privacy for breastfeeding and chats.
The food and beverages on the menu are very affordable and yummy (highly recommend the vegetable & pesto wrap and chips).
Entry is also really reasonable at £3.00 per child over 12 months.
Staff are friendly and helpful and this place deserves all the awards that Trip Advisor can throw at them.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Just visited magical forest and our visit was ruined by a rude staff member who asked us to move where we were sat as they had a party booked in in 15 minutes. We asked if we could just have 5 minutes to finish our food (as they already delayed us getting our food in the first place), but this was met with "I don't know what you'll do when the party gets here" and walked off. The place was extremely busy and no other tables as they kept letting more and more in. I think they should limit the amount of people that they allow in so that they are not in this situation. An otherwise decent place and other staff ok, but this one staff member ruined the visit.m

Ollie O, Owner at The Magical Forest Children's Play Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Hi James, Thank you for taking the time to feedback which is invaluable to us. I have spoken to the staff member and we will ensure further training is given. The place you were sat at was reserved but it seems the reserved signs may not have been put out that morning. It was a busy morning-we will ensure we have more staff on hand during busy periods. We hope to welcome you again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Decided to give this place a go for once, I'd heard mixed reviews so thought I'd be optimistic. I'd come for a playdate with my 4 year old daughter and also had my 3 month old son with me.

Bad start, I got there and realised there were two flights of stairs to climb to get to the playgym. As I had a pram, it wasn't much fun but I managed and wasn't going to let that spoil the day, after all, there isn't much they can do about the steps.

When I made it inside the playgym I was greeted with an awful smell of either really fishy fish or extremely strong smelling urine. The place just looks like it needs a big hug, it's in need of lots of TLC! The coffee tables were bowed and the cushions on the sofas looked like they could do with a date with the washing machine.

Did I mention the temperature? It was absolutely freezing. I couldn't believe how cold it was. At one point, my friend actually asked them to turn the heating on! My daughter's hands were like ice and I ended up putting my son's thick cardigan back on.

Cold again... The toilets were okay however I cannot forgive them for having only ice cold water to wash hands. There was a hot water tap on the wall but that wasn't working either.

I was planning on staying for lunch but from the poor experience I'd had thus far, I didn't want to spend anymore money in this establishment.

I really wanted to like this place but in future I'll just stick to Playworld and Fizzy Lizards. Both of these are clean, warm and smell fresh.

1  Thank Berniece J

Hi Berniece.
Thank you for taking the time to review. We have investigated the smell but have no idea where that came from as the toilets at the top of the stairs were not in use during your visit. There was one coffee table which was bowed and we have replaced it since. We are a small business and have improved the playgym lots since taking it over but it is never a quick process as we wish to do everything thoroughly.

Our 2nd phase of heating has also gone in now - this was a big project for us and has taken a few weeks to get everything in order but we feel the new heating system will help lots. We were asked to turn it off today as it was too warm!

If you do visit us again be sure to try our yummy food-we have a 5 star food hygiene rating and more than 80% of our food is cooked fresh to order. Plenty to choose from too.
We hope to welcome you again so you can discover all the new changes put in place this past month