The Magical Forest Children's Play Centre
Open today: 09:30 - 15:00
Review Highlights
Kindergarten

Lots of people have had a playschool her since the 60s. Now someone with flair and understanding of... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
A3303XQpaulh
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
via mobile
Not enough tables.dirty floors. Only one toilet. Shame cos well priced.

Staff are nice. Not enough tables though and floors are full of food. If you come I recommend first... read more

Reviewed 17 August 2018
Claire H
Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews great party looked nice run around little boy cake equipment instructions menu gym grandson
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Just visited magical forest and our visit was ruined by a rude staff member who asked us to move where we were sat as they had a party booked in in 15 minutes. We asked if we could just have 5 minutes to finish our food (as they already delayed us getting our food in the first place), but this was met with "I don't know what you'll do when the party gets here" and walked off. The place was extremely busy and no other tables as they kept letting more and more in. I think they should limit the amount of people that they allow in so that they are not in this situation. An otherwise decent place and other staff ok, but this one staff member ruined the visit.m

Date of experience: February 2018
Ollie O, Owner at The Magical Forest Children's Play Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Hi James, Thank you for taking the time to feedback which is invaluable to us. I have spoken to the staff member and we will ensure further training is given. The place you were sat at was reserved but it seems the reserved signs may not have been put out that morning. It was a busy morning-we will ensure we have more staff on hand during busy periods. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Decided to give this place a go for once, I'd heard mixed reviews so thought I'd be optimistic. I'd come for a playdate with my 4 year old daughter and also had my 3 month old son with me.

Bad start, I got there and realised there were two flights of stairs to climb to get to the playgym. As I had a pram, it wasn't much fun but I managed and wasn't going to let that spoil the day, after all, there isn't much they can do about the steps.

When I made it inside the playgym I was greeted with an awful smell of either really fishy fish or extremely strong smelling urine. The place just looks like it needs a big hug, it's in need of lots of TLC! The coffee tables were bowed and the cushions on the sofas looked like they could do with a date with the washing machine.

Did I mention the temperature? It was absolutely freezing. I couldn't believe how cold it was. At one point, my friend actually asked them to turn the heating on! My daughter's hands were like ice and I ended up putting my son's thick cardigan back on.

Cold again... The toilets were okay however I cannot forgive them for having only ice cold water to wash hands. There was a hot water tap on the wall but that wasn't working either.

I was planning on staying for lunch but from the poor experience I'd had thus far, I didn't want to spend anymore money in this establishment.

I really wanted to like this place but in future I'll just stick to Playworld and Fizzy Lizards. Both of these are clean, warm and smell fresh.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank Berniece J

Hi Berniece.
Thank you for taking the time to review. We have investigated the smell but have no idea where that came from as the toilets at the top of the stairs were not in use during your visit. There was one coffee table which was bowed and we have replaced it since. We are a small business and have improved the playgym lots since taking it over but it is never a quick process as we wish to do everything thoroughly.

Our 2nd phase of heating has also gone in now - this was a big project for us and has taken a few weeks to get everything in order but we feel the new heating system will help lots. We were asked to turn it off today as it was too warm!

If you do visit us again be sure to try our yummy food-we have a 5 star food hygiene rating and more than 80% of our food is cooked fresh to order. Plenty to choose from too.
We hope to welcome you again so you can discover all the new changes put in place this past month

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Magical forest would be fantastic, it’s in a good location and has loads of toys for children of all ages and the menu is great too however the toys are always filthy, I’ve been on several occasions and I can categorically say the toys have NEVER been cleaned. To the point I’ve had to ask for a toy to be cleaned before my child used it. The carpets and tables are always clean but the toys which hold the most germs aren’t bothered with. You’ll be lucky to find a toy that works too, they never have batteries in which is a shame and most of the crazy couples have driving wheels missing. More attention to detail required.

Date of experience: September 2017

Thank you for your review. We were saddened to hear your comments regarding the toys-we have a cleaning rota in place and the toys are checked and cleaned every week. We only have a handful of toys that contain batteries and if they had run out then we would happily have put more in if you had let staff know. The rest of our toys don't require any batteries so not sure how they could not have been working. We checked again after your review and all were clean and working apart from 2 of them in which we have now replaced the batteries. We are always adding new toys to the collection and have just revamped a new sensory area for you to discover on your next visit.
If you let staff know of your concerns we will always address them the best we can.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Its years since I visited a play gym so was not quite sure what to expect. This is well run and worth a visit.
Plenty of room for the adults to relax with coffee and a snack whilst the little ones run around in the extensive play area.
Its is much more orderly than it used to be with the nice lady shouting instructions time for cake, time for games, time to eat and time to put your shoes on, get your party bag and go !!

Date of experience: September 2017

Thank you for your review Sharon. We are glad to hear your granddaughter had a lovely party with us. We have added lots more to our party packages and we are super happy to hear you have noticed the changes we have implemented. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Had my daughters birthday party here on the 2nd July and the staff were lovely, all the way from booking it to the staff we worked on the day. The kids loved it and it's also my daughters favourite place to go and play so we are always here any way.

Date of experience: July 2017
Ollie O, Owner at The Magical Forest Children's Play Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for the lovely review which we will pass on to our team who worked that weekend and thank you for taking the time to review us, much appreciated.