The Magical Forest Children's Play Centre
Ranked #17 of 37 things to do in Huddersfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Magical Forest is a family run business based in Huddersfield. We offer a substantial indoor soft play area with a multilevel play frame providing a safe and secure environment for children from 0-10 years. The Magical Forest has open activity areas including a multilevel play frame for older children, a separate baby zone which offers a stimulating experience with numerous toys. We also have a bouncy castle for kids who need to burn off energy! Other activity areas include an interactive zone featuring a home corner area, ride on toys as well as a cafe and cosy seating areas. Look out for our weekly events which allow even more interactive fun.
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Magical forest would be fantastic, it’s in a good location and has loads of toys for children of all ages and the menu is great too however the toys are always filthy, I’ve been on several occasions and I can categorically say the toys have NEVER been cleaned. To the point I’ve had to ask for a toy to be cleaned before my child used it. The carpets and tables are always clean but the toys which hold the most germs aren’t bothered with. You’ll be lucky to find a toy that works too, they never have batteries in which is a shame and most of the crazy couples have driving wheels missing. More attention to detail required.

Ollie O, Owner at The Magical Forest Children's Play Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you for your review. We were saddened to hear your comments regarding the toys-we have a cleaning rota in place and the toys are checked and cleaned every week. We only have a handful of toys that contain batteries and if they had run out then we would happily have put more in if you had let staff know. The rest of our toys don't require any batteries so not sure how they could not have been working. We checked again after your review and all were clean and working apart from 2 of them in which we have now replaced the batteries. We are always adding new toys to the collection and have just revamped a new sensory area for you to discover on your next visit.
If you let staff know of your concerns we will always address them the best we can.

All reviews
"gym"
in 3 reviews
"grandson"

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Its years since I visited a play gym so was not quite sure what to expect. This is well run and worth a visit.
Plenty of room for the adults to relax with coffee and a snack whilst the little ones run around in the extensive play area.
Its is much more orderly than it used to be with the nice lady shouting instructions time for cake, time for games, time to eat and time to put your shoes on, get your party bag and go !!

Thank you for your review Sharon. We are glad to hear your granddaughter had a lovely party with us. We have added lots more to our party packages and we are super happy to hear you have noticed the changes we have implemented. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Had my daughters birthday party here on the 2nd July and the staff were lovely, all the way from booking it to the staff we worked on the day. The kids loved it and it's also my daughters favourite place to go and play so we are always here any way.

Ollie O, Owner at The Magical Forest Children's Play Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for the lovely review which we will pass on to our team who worked that weekend and thank you for taking the time to review us, much appreciated.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

I haven't visited this playgym for a couple of years, decided to give it a try with my 2 year old grandson today & it was very enjoyable
. It seems to have changed hands since my last visit & I think it has improved, it's certainly a lot cleaner. The staff were really friendly & specially cooked some pasta for my fussy little eater! I didn't have anything to eat but everyone around me was eating & everything looked nice
My grandson played very happily for a couple of hours, the gym seems to have something for all ages & I expect it will be a great party venue.......I'll find out when one of my older grandchildren has his party there later in the year!

2  Thank Wooly159

Thank you for the lovely review, your feedback is much appreciated. And thank you for noticing our hard work, a cleaner's job is never done as they say but we certainly take pride in keeping the play-gym as clean as we can. We have been busy this summer with painting and improving the decor, we hope you approve of the new changes.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

We are always looking out for somewhere to take the grandchildren at holidays. Great place for young children. Our youngest likes Ben and Holly and was convinced she had arrived in their magical forest. Could be a good angle someday.
Picnic was the order of the day which they enjoyed and was a perfect place. Lots of things things to play on and Childrens imaginations going off on many ideas.
Worth a trip

1  Thank A3303XQpaulh
Ollie O, Owner at The Magical Forest Children's Play Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review! It is very much appreciated. We had a fantastic time hosting the Alice in Wonderland Easter tea party and it was so delightful to see the wonderful creations on the catwalk! We look forward to welcoming you again soon x