Three Acres Inn & Restaurant
US$81
US$111
US$102
Agoda.com
The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$60
US$96
US$75
Travelocity
Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
PremierInn.com
Edgerton Hotel(Huddersfield)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoysterscalves liverwonderful mealchateaubriandsteakhave eaten heresuperb foodbirthday mealspecial nightsunday lunchpuddinglarge partylovely atmosphereprawn cocktailcooked to perfectionmany occasionswaiting staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently visited as a group of 8 people for a 50th birthday celebration meal and from start to finish was very disappointed. Staff (although friendly) seemed very tense, but our main issue was with the food. For the high price you pay, you expect high quality food and a decent portion. Out of 8 meals, 5 were less than adequate, 2 of which were sent back and refunded, the other 3 were compensated for by a gift voucher. We have eaten here for many years without a problem but this visit may be our last. Having spoken to other people and reading other reviews, this would appear to be a common issue at the moment. Never expected to have to leave such a review but people should be aware.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for my wife’s birthday. Phoned ahead to let them know it was her birthday and asked if they could do anything to make her feel a bit special. No mention of my wife’s birthday from any of the staff throughout our meal! All I’d hoped for was for someone to wish her happy birthday on arrival. There is a small reception area in the entrance. A lady was sat in there while we were having our meal and spent most of her time counting cash and sorting receipts in full view of guests rather than welcoming people. Sums it up really, a money making machine in danger of becoming complacent. Waiting staff and food were very good, which in a small way made up for my disappointment.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank RandJLondon
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely appalled from start to finish.
We arrived pretty early in the evening and was asked if we'd like to be seated or taken to the bar. We asked to be seated but got taken through to the bar and forgotten about. After a long wait we decided to ask staff to be seated again and we were.
There were about 5 tables full and the rest of the restaurant was pretty quiet so I thought we'd be served pretty promptly with the amount of staff...
Well after deciding what we wanted for our starters and mains we decided to order.
We sat most of the night with our backs to another trying to get the waiter/waitresses attention as they were all just stood around chatting.
Finally after about 15 minutes I think they must have felt our eyes burning into them and we managed to catch somebody's attention.
The starters came. It's all personal preference but I had to leave mine as I had ordered pigs cheek but it was more jelly than meat so I shared my fiancee onion soup which was lovely.
We then waited for the main which was dover sole. We could see the waiter wondering around with our food looking at tables not knowing where he was going with it even though the restaurant was pretty empty but he found us in the end.
The fish was beautiful the only downfall was the price it stated between £30 to £35 on the menu which we were willing to pay but when the bill came we had paid much more than £35 each.
Not one waiter/waitress asked if everything was alright nor did we receive a smile.
For service I wouldn't have even given a 1 star it was horrendous.
My partner used to eat here every weekend with his father and people from our golf club for years until he started complaining that the service was going down hill but now I understand why everybody I know has stopped going. Complete waste of money.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I booked the 3acres as we had booked dinner in the restaurant for Mother’s Day.
I had booked a superior double and on being led to the annexe out the back of the restaurant and past the bins we arrived at our room. The pictures on the website are deceiving all that was in the room was a bed drawers and a small wardrobe. Not a chair or stool to sit down on. Booking a superior room I expect something more. To be fair I went to reception and they were quick to move us to a “junior suite” which the receptionist pointedly stressed was an upgrade and was normally a £150 room. If I had paid that I would have felt completely ripped off. The bed was truly a double - which led to a night of little sleep for my husband who at 6’ 2 was too big for the bed. After running the shower for 10 minutes we finally got tepid water - there was only a shower in the room.
Breakfast was ok. Little selection on the “continental” table. A selection of fruit juices, some fresh fruit and bog standard cereal and a handful of pastries. Toast standard packet sliced bread. No muesli or yogurt or continental meats so we choose the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs which were good.

3  Thank Kate K
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Had difficulty sleeping due to the noise of rodents moving about in the attic. Upon check out I mentioned them. Yes said the lady we have put traps down but cant get rid of them. I guess it is because we are in the country. No apology or discount was offered.
I will not stay there again.
Good resteraunt