Briar Court Hotel(Huddersfield)
Book now, pay at stay
US$101
US$88
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

US$73
US$63
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$69
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

Cambridge Hotel(Huddersfield)
US$114
Agoda.com
Birkby Lodge(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
US$52
The Croppers Arms Residential Inn(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$101
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscalves liveroysterswonderful mealchateaubriandsteakhave eaten heresuperb foodsunday lunchpuddingspecial nightbirthday meallarge partyprawn cocktailcooked to perfectiona number of occasionswest yorkshirewaiting staff
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I recently visited as a group of 8 people for a 50th birthday celebration meal and from start to finish was very disappointed. Staff (although friendly) seemed very tense, but our main issue was with the food. For the high price you pay, you expect high quality food and a decent portion. Out of 8 meals, 5 were less than adequate, 2 of which were sent back and refunded, the other 3 were compensated for by a gift voucher. We have eaten here for many years without a problem but this visit may be our last. Having spoken to other people and reading other reviews, this would appear to be a common issue at the moment. Never expected to have to leave such a review but people should be aware.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
TeamAcres, Manager at Three Acres Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for alerting us to the shortfsall in our usual high standards.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Visited for my wife’s birthday. Phoned ahead to let them know it was her birthday and asked if they could do anything to make her feel a bit special. No mention of my wife’s birthday from any of the staff throughout our meal! All I’d hoped for was for someone to wish her happy birthday on arrival. There is a small reception area in the entrance. A lady was sat in there while we were having our meal and spent most of her time counting cash and sorting receipts in full view of guests rather than welcoming people. Sums it up really, a money making machine in danger of becoming complacent. Waiting staff and food were very good, which in a small way made up for my disappointment.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank RandJLondon

We are disappointed to read your review but are pleased that our staff and the food were able to go some way to making up for your disappointment

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely appalled from start to finish.
We arrived pretty early in the evening and was asked if we'd like to be seated or taken to the bar. We asked to be seated but got taken through to the bar and forgotten about. After a long wait we decided to ask staff to be seated again and we were.
There were about 5 tables full and the rest of the restaurant was pretty quiet so I thought we'd be served pretty promptly with the amount of staff...
Well after deciding what we wanted for our starters and mains we decided to order.
We sat most of the night with our backs to another trying to get the waiter/waitresses attention as they were all just stood around chatting.
Finally after about 15 minutes I think they must have felt our eyes burning into them and we managed to catch somebody's attention.
The starters came. It's all personal preference but I had to leave mine as I had ordered pigs cheek but it was more jelly than meat so I shared my fiancee onion soup which was lovely.
We then waited for the main which was dover sole. We could see the waiter wondering around with our food looking at tables not knowing where he was going with it even though the restaurant was pretty empty but he found us in the end.
The fish was beautiful the only downfall was the price it stated between £30 to £35 on the menu which we were willing to pay but when the bill came we had paid much more than £35 each.
Not one waiter/waitress asked if everything was alright nor did we receive a smile.
For service I wouldn't have even given a 1 star it was horrendous.
My partner used to eat here every weekend with his father and people from our golf club for years until he started complaining that the service was going down hill but now I understand why everybody I know has stopped going. Complete waste of money.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H F

We would like to thank you for your feedback and while we wish you had had a better experience we will learn from your comments.
We do work hard to deliver an exceptional experience but on this occasion we fell short.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I booked the 3acres as we had booked dinner in the restaurant for Mother’s Day.
I had booked a superior double and on being led to the annexe out the back of the restaurant and past the bins we arrived at our room. The pictures on the website are deceiving all that was in the room was a bed drawers and a small wardrobe. Not a chair or stool to sit down on. Booking a superior room I expect something more. To be fair I went to reception and they were quick to move us to a “junior suite” which the receptionist pointedly stressed was an upgrade and was normally a £150 room. If I had paid that I would have felt completely ripped off. The bed was truly a double - which led to a night of little sleep for my husband who at 6’ 2 was too big for the bed. After running the shower for 10 minutes we finally got tepid water - there was only a shower in the room.
Breakfast was ok. Little selection on the “continental” table. A selection of fruit juices, some fresh fruit and bog standard cereal and a handful of pastries. Toast standard packet sliced bread. No muesli or yogurt or continental meats so we choose the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs which were good.

3  Thank Kate K

We are disappointed to read your review of your experience staying with us and whilst an apology will not on this occasion change anything it is offered with all sincerity and thank you for alerting us to our shortcomings.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Had difficulty sleeping due to the noise of rodents moving about in the attic. Upon check out I mentioned them. Yes said the lady we have put traps down but cant get rid of them. I guess it is because we are in the country. No apology or discount was offered.
I will not stay there again.
Good resteraunt

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter M

Thank you for your comments,however I can confirm we do not have rodents in the attic and we are sorry you left believing this.We occasionally have birds nesting at certain time of the year.