“I think ”
Review of LaserZone

LaserZone
Ranked #13 of 20 Fun & Games in Huddersfield
More attraction details
Owner description: Laserzone is a family entertainment experience like no other and there are no barriers to enjoying our centre.LaserZone is the ultimate laser tag game. Using state-of-the-art, computer controlled equipment, you score points by shooting your opponents. You can terminate other players for a short time and you can even earn extra points by deactivating the bases inside the arena (but be careful, they can shoot back!). The game is played in our professionally themed, 8,000 square foot laser arena filled with special effect lighting, great music and theatre grade smoke all creating an exciting atmosphere, adding to the overall game experience.
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Laser Zone is a great place I suggest you go there but I think you should have more time there

Payment Sometimes it can be an absolute Bargain other times affordable

All reviews
"fun"
in 8 reviews
"cafe"

Reviewed 31 May 2017

My daughter loves it here and so do I, she comes often due to school friends having parties, I haven't been as much but I really enjoy it when I go :)

1  Thank Michaela P
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I visit regularly with a group of friends for the 3-4-£7.50 deal midweek. We always have a great time... Its good exercise too!

1  Thank shawlette
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

This place is great! I have been here multiple times and walked away satisfied by their customer service, everytime.
In addition to lasertag they also have arcade games which is nice, after you've played lasertag.
There is also drink and snacks on site which are reasonably priced.
The arena is also huge! There's so many places to explore once inside, unlike other arenas I have been to, which are much smaller and tend to be quite "stuffy".
Will be going again.

1  Thank Abijvr
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Hi' I'm John, father of 2 and a large child at heart myself.

First of all, I've been coming to this site for years, and even though, I don't visit often, I have been watching the site decline over the years. And when I say this, I mean, it hasn't changed at all since I was about 16 myself... Neither has the music playlist mind you. Maybe a few licks of paint here and there but generally the same.
The term, "You need to spend money to make money" comes to mind.

The staff have always been lovely, bar one or two, which I will explain later.
The staff are always amazingly mannered and great with the kids, and deserve their due.

I would normally bring my two boys for the Munchkin Mayhem on a weekend, and they would usually have a lovely time. Unfortunately, because of a few incidents on separate occasions, it has made me close the door on coming here again.
Firstly, my youngest came home crying one weekend after a friends party, I was expecting it to be something minor but when I found out a staff member had intimidated him while he was buying some sweets, I didn't really believe it, until next time we came and my son was too scared to approach the counter to buy more sweets. As the same staff member was on his phone (Very unprofessional in my opinion) by the till. I would normally report this and come and say something on the day, but today when I asked my sons if they would like to visit this weekend, they both said no because of my little ones previous experience. The staff member in question, was a larger red headed man, who I usually saw when I visited. I've found him to be quiet rude with me on occasion, and I believe it would be a good idea for him to receive training from a manager about his customer service skills.

Now with both of my sons and myself enjoying laser tag, we have had to find a new venue. We have found the Trafford Centre LaserQuest to be an amazing place, and we get a much better experience for 30p less per game.

I'm very sorry but, I felt you needed to be told

John

7  Thank WoodsOfJohn
LaserZone-Yorkshire, Owner at LaserZone, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Thanks for the review John - with regards to your "I felt you needed to be told" - wouldn't it have been better to contact us directly than just put a rant onto here? That way I could have dealt with your concerns directly.

The site has been in operation since 1996 - I purchased it as a going concern in 2006 and over the next 18 months, completely refurbished the whole centre and replaced the aging LaserQuest equipment with new hardware from Zone Lasertag - we put new windows in, knocked down walls in reception to make it bigger, put in new carpets (costing over £4k, both times, the most recent time being just over 6 months ago), doubling the size of the arena, re-theming the arena and finally, as our Zone lasertag equipment was 10 years old, I bought new lasertag hardware, which was installed back in October at a cost of £100k.

What else can anyone really expect us to do to "spend money to make money" ?

As for the Trafford Centre Laserquest being better than us - you are more than welcome to your own opinion, however I would like to point out that they are using lasertag equipment that is 20+ year old technology and is nowhere near as technologically advanced as the LaserForce Generation 7 equipment we use. Our equipment is not only lighter, it is way more functional and you only have to shoot a person once to tag them - I could explain further as to why equipment A is better than equipment B, but that doesn't really get to the bit of your "review" that bothers me.

I am totally disgusted that you feel your child has been treated in the manner you described and I am going to investigate your allegations further. The description you gave only really points to one person and whilst I really can't see him having done anything like what you have described, we do take every complaint very seriously.
We have CCTV covering the whole of the reception area and I will be reviewing it to see if I can find out more information, therefore if you could contact me directly to discuss when the events took place, it would be appreciated. Obviously I do not want to put personal contact details on here, so if you could email a contact number to the Bradford location with your details (bradford@laserzone.cc) I will be in touch and we can hopefully get to the bottom of things.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review, even though I would have preferred you getting in touch directly, rather than resorting to social media to relieve your frustrations.

Regards, Paul.