“Visit ”
Review of LaserZone

LaserZone
Ranked #14 of 21 Fun & Games in Huddersfield
More attraction details
Owner description: Laserzone is a family entertainment experience like no other and there are no barriers to enjoying our centre.LaserZone is the ultimate laser tag game. Using state-of-the-art, computer controlled equipment, you score points by shooting your opponents. You can terminate other players for a short time and you can even earn extra points by deactivating the bases inside the arena (but be careful, they can shoot back!). The game is played in our professionally themed, 8,000 square foot laser arena filled with special effect lighting, great music and theatre grade smoke all creating an exciting atmosphere, adding to the overall game experience.
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Visited today with 2 boys aged 11. Very clean, staff very polite . Boys loved it and at £7.50 each for 2 hours entertainment it was fabulous. We will return .

LaserZone-Yorkshire, Owner at LaserZone, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the review and I'm glad your boys loved it.

I'm just a bit confused with the 2/5 review, bearing in mind your comments.

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

More for boys than girls, reasonably priced, not very safe or protected, very clean, you play against strangers of any age, so not the best because you don't know them

LaserZone-Yorkshire, Owner at LaserZone, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2016

Hi Caitlin,

Thanks for the review - some of the comments are appreciated, others not so, especially bearing in mind that three of them are completely unfounded and incorrect.

Firstly, the comment re: more for boys than girls - it should be prefaced by "in your opinion" - in reality, our statistics for birthday parties actually show that we have about a 60% boys / 40% girls for the parties we have ran over the last 10 years.

Secondly, the comment re: "not very safe or protected" - I really don't understand that one at all. We have one entrance to the building. The whole site is under CCTV surveillance. Every game played in the arena is marshalled by a member of my staff(something that doesn't happen at nearly every other lasertag centre in the UK, I may add), all of whom have been CRB checked. All the equipment is checked over at least once a week, by a trained professional. How is any of this not "safe or protected" ?

Finally, your comment of "you play against strangers of any age, so not the best because you don't know them" - I saved this for last as in this fact, you are totally wrong. It is company policy (and has been since I started the company) that we do not put children (anyone under 15 years of age) in games with adults (anyone 15 or older), UNLESS they are part of the same family group. Huddersfield and Bradford LaserZone's are the ONLY lasertag arenas in the UK that have this policy. If you wished to play with just your group in the arena, we do offer the ability for people to book the arena for exclusive use. On an aside, if you went to the cinema, would you think that it "wasn't the best" because there were other people you didn't know, watching the film? ...or if you were swimming at the local pool? or any other similar leisure experience?

I do appreciate negative feedback if it is actually warranted. If we do something wrong, I like to know about it, so that I can put it right. It helps if people actually tell us on the day they visit, rather than post a faceless rant on here. Maybe if you had spoken to us either on the day or when you booked with regards to any of your concerns, your negative comments could have been avoided.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

We held a party for our 11 year today and the actual laser area was great, great surroundings and fantastic music to suit the environment, air conditioning would have fantastic as it did get extremely warm in there.
Staff were great and prices are reasonable. I would recommend this to any age group.

LaserZone-Yorkshire, Owner at LaserZone, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Hi Jonny,

Thanks for the great review.

With regards to your comment of adding AirCon to the playing arena, unfortunately that isn't something we can do, due to the fact we use anti-allergenic artificial fog, so that the laser beams will be visible whist playing.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Visited today as the children are off school for polling day, I checked the web site to ensure they were open and the times
Arrived at 12 ( as web site said this was when they opened )
Only to be told the manager was out shopping and they weren't running any games !!!
The place was actually open but we could not use the facilities - having travelled from Hebden Bridge I was less than pleased
Also having promised the children a great afternoon ( the excitement had been building all week about the day )
The young man on the desk was very polite and tried to be helpful - but if your web site says you are open you should be ready for business, he did suggest we could hang around for 1/2 an hour and the other member of staff "might " be back .... Not a very practical solution
We have been here a couple of times before and really enjoyed - but come on if your open you should be open !!!
Very disappointed children and an angry mum

1  Thank Lottylou101
LaserZone-Yorkshire, Owner at LaserZone, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Whilst I do appreciate people leaving us a review, I think what you have posted is rather negative, especially bearing in mind you have visited my Huddersfield centre a number of times.

If you look at our website (http://huddersfield.laserzone.cc/?a=openingtimes) it specifically says "Please Note: Whilst booking is not essential, it is always advisable, to avoid disappointment."

This is something that all my staff are also trained to tell every single customer, who calls and asks the same question.

There are usually 2 staff on site during normal week days and 4 staff on site on a weekend. During the week, daytimes are usually very quiet and if there is nothing booked in, the Centre Manager pops out to buy the party food for the weekends parties (as we buy everything in fresh, every week, unlike some places)

I find the fact that you said in your review "you checked the website" to see when we were open, but could not be bothered to give us a call. Would you have written such a scathing review if we had been fully booked?

I would like to apologise for the member of staff who spoke to you - what he should have done is apologised and then given the Centre Manager a call to let him know we had a customer on-site. The Manager would then have been able to inform him as to how long it would be until he returned (which is normally not longer than a half-hour, as we always shop locally too, supporting other local businesses)

Finally I would just like to say, thanks for your previous custom and should you wish to visit us again, please remember to at least give us a call beforehand - even if it's on the day you wish to come along, to avoid any disappointment and to stop you getting angry.