“Delicious lunchtime menu and speedy service!”

Nakorn Thai Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 358 Restaurants in Luton
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Starter: Sweetcorn cakes, Main: Green Thai Chicken curry with steamed jasmine rice, Dessert: ice cream for £9.95. Good portions and lunchtime menu selection including veggie options. Staff friendly and knowledgeable of all dishes.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We visit this restaurant regularly, as they always provide an excellent Thai meal. There is a wide choice on the menu to suit every pallet and they can cook to order if you want it less or more spicy. A local family run the restaurant and the food is reasonably priced. With notice they also can cater for larger groups.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

This is the third time since discovering it that we have come from Tring just for their food!! It is the best Thai food I’ve ever had outside of Thailand!! Will be back again next weekend with the family

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Saturday night is usually busy but it wasn’t too busy when we went. The service was really good, friendly and not intrusive. The waiter advised us the jungle curry was hot, but my husband still had it. He was right! But hubby said it was really tasty. All the food was delicious and good size portions. All round lovely meal.
We particularly like the starters, and recommend the mixed starter

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Firstly I don't really review service but felt the need after tonight.

So tonight went with a friend for dinner. Was seated quickly- was 8 pm Saturday night. The waiter was attentive and took our order.

Food that arrived was poor at best. It arrived withi5-10 minutes of ordering. They did make an effort with presentation and had a good decorative salad and separate sauce. I had the Thai fish cakes and complained to the waitress who said they are meant to be like that. I said they were too chewy and spongy and usually when I had them they were not like this. Also, the spring rolls almost taste burn. They weren't browned very much but the flavour was burnt but ok. However, the deep fried corn cake was delicious- very tasty. It was crispy- not burnt or too greasy.

I then ordered the beef massaman curry. This arrived 5-10 minutes after the starter. The curry was in a small bowl. It wasn't a deep wide dish. It was roughly 7cm by 7cm. I was expecting a bigger dish perhaps for the curry. The curry sauce was pleasant and had few pieces of potato and onion. However, the beef was sliced and very chewy. I mentioned this to the waiter and she asked if there was anything else I would like. I asked if the chicken massaman would be better and he said he was not sure so I declined another order.

When the bill came they took 10% off but I wished I asked to remove the massaman and the crab cakes as only had one crab cake (put of 5) and a couple of mouthfuls of massaman.

The price was competitive but I did not enjoy the food apart from the deep-fried corn cake that was delicious. The male waiter was attentive and apologetic however the female waiter seemed to blame me for not liking the rubbery fish cake that I did not appreciate.

Overall, poor to be honest- was a shame as I was hoping to enjoy this as I love Thai food. Will not coming again