“Fantastic”
Review of The Toucan Cafe

The Toucan Cafe
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Minehead
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Est. in 1982, Toucan Wholefoods is a natural health store and café located in the lively seaside town of Minehead. Winner of Best Independent Health Store 2014. We stock organic fruit, vegetables, bread, dairy, alcohol and other produce from local certified producers; a comprehensive range of wholefoods and foods for special diets, teas and drinks, herbs and spices, delicious snacks, a tasty vegetarian takeaway counter and lots of chocolate too! We also stock herbal and vitamin supplements, earth-friendly household cleaners, natural body care and baby care products. On our 1st floor we run a wholefood, vegetarian café offering organic fair trade coffee and tea, smoothies, fresh juices, delicious salads and home cooked cakes and flapjacks. Located on the 2nd floor are complementary therapy rooms where fully qualified and experienced therapists practice.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Visiting Minehead again for a couple of days. Decided we would visit for lunch, as we enjoyed it so much, earlier this year. Once again, we were not disappointed. This restaurant could really turn us into vegetarians, as the food is so tasty. Fresh, home made food, lovingly presented. You would be crazy to miss this place.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across the cafe, on a quick visit to the town with dog in tow - cafe staff were welcoming and the seating was comfy and relaxed. Good coffee and cakes!

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Nice little areas to sit so you don’t feel on top of other people, gives toucan a lovely character.

Nothing on the table menu jumped out at me for lunch but there was plenty on the specials board. I had the mushroom pie which came in a fab portion with a great portion of lovely homemade salad. It was really good!!! Everything’s reasonably priced.

A variety of drinks are available from teas to smoothies. The smoothie I had was nice & thick.
Will definitely be returning.

The only negative was that my friend asked for a bottle of water & didn’t realise until she opened it and heard the fizz that she’d been brought a sparkling water which she didn’t want or like. She didn’t say anything because she’d opened the bottle.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I (Health Enthusiast and a confident Cook here) visited Toucan for lunch and was very impressed with the quality of food that was offered. My husband had the Mousakka and for me the sweet potato feta cheese quiche, both were absolutely delicious. Now for us this is a very rare compliment as we normally only prefer the food that I cook at home. The food was similar that I could have cooked it myself. My husband eats a lot but even he was satisfied with the generous size of portions given to us. We also had coffee which is made from organic coffee beans and organic milk, although plant base milk options are also available for vegans. The food served was just simply nutritious and amazing. We will certainly return every time we are in the Minehead area. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 7 September 2018

No wonder this place has a Certificate of Excellence.
We had caught the steam train to Minehead, and were looking for somewhere decent to eat.
There are so many places near the station serving the usual dull tourist-trap fare.However, our walk along The Avenue and onto The Parade finally paid off when we discovered The Toucan Cafe.
Great selection of lunches. The soups are meals in themselves. We wanted to stay for afternoon tea as well but the last train home beckoned.
Good selection of plant-based milks: soya, almond, oat etc.
We will be back.