All reviews specials board pub with rooms real ale evening meal ales
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Visited here today off the cuff. I live locally and had been hearing that since under new management improvements have been noted.

We arrived at around 1:40 ordered our food at the bar and found an empty table. The menu is basic pub grub but hey I am in a pub!

The food arrived fairly quick, it was hot and plentifully. We ordered 3 chicken burgers and one beef burger, they all came with chips, onion rings with a salad garnish. The food looked good and tasted even better, I have to say the prices are very reasonable (half that of other pubs in the village) I was surprised to see the chicken burger was actually chicken breast (if I'd have know I'd have opted for chicken too) however I had the beef burger and asked for cheese and bacon as extras I also wanted fried onions which were not on the menu but was assured by the cook it was no trouble for her to add them too, (happy me).

Having read some of the bad reviews this is not a place I'd have chosen to eat or stay at but being a local and living in this small village I had heard there have been a lot of positive changes to the general running, building, food quality and availability. I like to support local businesses and I can say if you are in the area and hungry looking for a pub that serves food the George and horn does that and they are currently doing it well! I believe the pub is being ran by husband and wife, both appeared to be polite and helpful, husband seem naturally quiet and chilled service was good!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Went for food here in a Saturday night. Was told that I wasn't going to get any food because it was 8:15pm. Food should still have been served till 9pm. Not a welcoming atmosphere at all. The bar manager was rude to his customers. The lady who was cooking was swearing at a member of her staff. Avoid at all costs!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for two nights over the weekend and received a very warm welcome. Had a triple room which was both warm and clean with all the amenities you would expect. By nature of the venue it was quirky but far more personal than staying in a chain hotel. Excellent value for money would definitely return

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The food was typical pub grub burgers, fish and chips etc, you definitely get what you pay for. The food was served very quickly and was hot when it was served. The staff were friendly and polite. This is very much a locals pub but you do feel welcomed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped last week for 2 nights with family.
Staff are friendly and place is full of character it's not the best kept place in the world but I kind of like the homely feel... remember the place is hundreds of years old so is creeky and a bit noisy but beds were comfy enough and everything we needed was there.

Food was very good we had dinner and breakfast while we stopped.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family