Reviews (1 580)
1 580 results
All reviews north bay plenty of hot water bay window plenty of choice julie castle cliffs seaside
68 - 73 of 1 580 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I came for 2 nights with my mam having travelled down from Northumberland and am sorry to say we will not be returning. It did have its good points - buffet breakfast (the breakfast staff were on the ball but could have done with an extra person), a reserved parking spot (even though no-one over the phone confirmed that I actually had one when I asked about payment) and my room overlooking the town was OK. Bad points - my mams' room was inadequate, with dead insects on the window sill, a broken curtain rail (the window was too big for the curtains), the net curtain itself was filthy at the bottom, insufficient toilet roll, a dried spill of something on the bathroom floor and crumbs which should have been hoovered up. Also, the lift was small, hopeless and slow with heavy doors, some parts of the hotel needed a lick of paint, the design of the interior was such that you had to use separate flights of stairs to get from the 4th floor to the ground floor and there was very little engagement from the staff about our stay, including when we checked out and when we mentioned the lift. All in all we enjoyed our little break but next time we will probably opt for one of the other hotels further up Queens Parade where there may be a more personal touch.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Awful. £154 for one night to stay in a run down, dirty, smelly place.
The reception area was like a 1970s nursing home with associated smells and patrons.
The room smelt foisty, stains on bed cover and pillow. Bathroom tatty, needed a cleaner and some tlc to the tiles, grouting and seals. The shower was pitiful.
We decided to give breakfast a go as we had paid for it, we walked around the congealed buffet offering before having toast and tea and leaving.

Definitely not recommended. We stayed there after a concert at the open air theatre as convenient, never again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmmaD1105
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights as we were seeing Chic. Paid over £300 . The hotel looked grubby from the outside and got worse as we went inside. It’s so out dated and seems stuck in the 1970s. The lift is a health and safety risk and trapped my dads arm. It looks like something from a horror movie. Decor is shabby , worn and simply not nice. We were on the fourth floor and there was a rancid smell. The room was mismatched furniture , chipped paint on walls and skirting boards, dirty bathrooms. I could go on. The icing on the cake was when we were told the money we paid didn’t include breakfast and we had to pay extra. How I didn’t lose my rag I don’t know. I was even told by the hotel they put the rates up when a singer is playing. Avoid at all costs

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Emma G
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Basic room just like B&B. Cheapest furniture and fittings.

Old lift that was quite scary to ride in.

Horrible breakfast especially the sausage. Very hot serving dishes so must take care.

Will not return

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank madge149
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Really good location for the open air theatre but unfortunately that’s the only good thing I can say!! The hotel looks grubby from the moment you set foot into it! Our room was very worn looking. The carpet needed replacing as it was very dirty looking and needed a good hoover. The bed had a thin poor quality mattress. The bathroom was clean but again very worn looking. The shower didn’t work properly and went from warm to freezing cold. The sheets on the bed looked like they needed a good wash! The walls were covered in marks all throughout the hotel including in my room. This hotel seriously needs a good deep clean and a refurbishment! Definitely not value for money!!!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends