“Love this place. View is amazing”
Review of Cafe View

Cafe View
Ranked #18 of 387 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe View is a family run business which specialises in Good Coffee, Cakes, Breakfast & Lunch with one of the most spectacular views in the town. On our menu you will find: Homemade Burgers, Panini's, Sandwiches, Breakfast Sandwiches, Toasted Sandwiches, Cakes, Tray Bakes, Soup of the Day & Specials of the day. We Offer: Dine in with freshly made to order food, a takeaway service where you can phone to pre-order, child friendly cafe with baby changing facilities, Free Wi-Fi & we accept all major credit cards.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We get breakfast here at least one morning every time we visit Scarborough. We just love the view (if you’re lucky enough to get a window seat) and the food is great. It’s fresh and affordable.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We wanted to find a nice independent cafe and saw this on Trip Advisor. The view is great and the binoculars provided let you explore the South Bay. So 5 stars for the view. It is a shame then that the service and staff let if down so much. Two completely disinterested young girls who looked bored, hardly gave you the time of day and left another lady to do all the work really let the cafe down. The coffee was good and the food fine....apart from microwaving the cheese scones (who does that?). Disappointing really.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

The entrance is on the street behind the waterfront but the tables are overlooking the water with a sensational view. The decoratively presented cappuccino (with a little chocolate on the side) tasted OK but the cup was not filled to the rim. The chocolate cake was a large slice (it really needed a bigger plate). It had great icing but an average cake texture. The free WiFi was complicated to access. You get prompted for loads of details then it complained if the password was not 8 characters. The toilet was clean.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Although I live in Scarborough I very rarely visit any of the cafes etc at the bottom end.While out with my mother in law we decided to give it a go and I am so pleased we did.We ordered tea for two which came in a big tea pot,and 2 slices of victoria sponge of more than ample size. There was also a complementary square of chocolate on the side.The cake was lovely and moist.The two ladies serving us were so pleasent, even when we realised that we were the only ones in, and they were about to close they never rushed us but had been waiting patiently.I would definately recommend Cafe View.They even had binnoculars to use to get an even better view ! I would definately go again.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Visiting this café during my visit to Scarborough and it is great and good café to have your lunch. When I ordered my lunch and the till I was served by friendly staff member who had good customer service and also good knowledge of the menu when I asked about panini's. Also the staff worked as a team and they made sure that there tided up the tables after when people had finished.

While I was waiting for my lunch to come to the table I saw that the person who was cooking the meals was not wearing a hair net while cooking this has lead this review from 5 to a 4. The staff member who was doing the cooking should of really have worn a hair net in case a piece of her hair went into the food.

Also as I was I was waiting and drinking my cup of tea I saw other orders going to other tables and then there realised that I was still waiting then there did mine then there brought it other the person who was cooking it apologized about the wait and I did see the person who was doing the cooking asked about my food order. This has lead it to drop from 5 to a 3. The food in here was nice and the panini was very tasty and the salad that I got with it was good.

But my overall view of this place is that it is just average café in Scarborough. It would of been good if the staff member who was on cooking duty was wearing a hair net while cooking and also if there brought my order on time then it would of got the full 5/5 instead it got a 3/5 in this review. The next time I am in Scarborough I would only come in here for tea and not the food.