Reviews (1 954)
1 954 results
All reviews club room bugis street swimming pool legoland package leisure facilities visiting legoland booked this hotel two double beds buffet style minute drive car parking stayed for one night yogurt windsor maggie colouring slot
741 - 746 of 1 954 reviews
Reviewed 7 April 2016

I have never had a great experience with Copthorne hotels, from running out of wine to running out of food. So my expectations weren't high and therefore I wouldn't be disappointed.

Stunningly average is probably accurate -or in school report terms -must try harder.

I am an Englishman, I speak English as my first language. I do speak other languages, but that is not the point. It took me three different people to order a meal from room service as I was a late arrival having been working all day and then travelling. I asked for a meal from the advertised 24 hour room service menu and was told the restaurant was closed and was offered sandwiches. I do not eat bread or wheat products as I can't digest them. I then repeated my request for their advertised room service menu -which was forthcoming and was also very palatable, but why the battle for something so simple?

Not a great room, hard bed, mould in the bathroom, an uncooperative shower which was no fun at all after an 18 hour day and an unappealing gloomy decor.

My check in took an exceptionally long time despite being one to one and no queue and my booking was, as usual, through Inntel which works on the bill back system (Inntel pay the hotel up front then bill the business who made the booking) now despite this I was still asked to provide personal credit/debit card details up front. And Copthornes are the only hotels that do this - they obviously don't trust anyone and are only concerned with getting paid before anything else. Providing a welcoming and quality service for the customer might be a a more business rewarding option to focus on methinks.

My business pays for me to travel and pays for my hotels, so I have no axe to grind, but would I choose to stay here? Not on your proverbial. There is a Holiday Inn across the road and a Premier and a Travel Lodge not far away, all better options.

Room Tip: All tired and in need of TLC
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time & trouble to post your review. All feedback is important to us, no matter how unpalatable and I have forwarded your comments on to all three departments highlighted by you. I will also use your remarks on your food & beverage experience in the next steering committee meeting and geniunely apologise for what I can see was a frustrating & disappointing stay.
If I can be of any further help do please contact me direct.
Kindest regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our Legoland trip.. We stayed 2 nights with LL then I paid for extra night through hotel...
I have to say we where greeted lovely , staff really friendly and child friendly too .. Our room was very hot and humid when we arrived which with a small baby and infant wasn't really good so I just rang reception and got some fans which was perfect not a bother. ..the only things we didn't enjoy was lack of baby facilities in changing area (gym) there is somewhere to lie them on but no safety strap which make it difficult to get undressed yourself .. Also looking at other reviews we had same problem about carrying pram up from carpark no one really informs you there is a lift to basement and also maybe give code to people as we stood 15 mins in the cold waiting for reception to answer phone just to get in , my husband ended up running up next level up the stairs and down in lift to let us in. And lastly as a family of young children , we really wanted to eat in hotel after our long days at Legoland but the buffet type menu wasn't available untill 6 pm this to me is just to late for my kids to eat then bed an hour and half later, so we ended up eating elsewhere ... Apart from that as I say hotel very clean and friendly will definitely be stopping nxt year again..!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Nikki H
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

We were recommended this hotel as somewhere to stay prior to visiting Legoland. I can only say to other parents considering the same trip to not make the same mistake. Any hotel that has its exterior photo taken at night is normally trying to disguise something and as we pulled up in the car we could see what that was. This hotel is very, very tired with broken exterior glass panels and in need of a 'shut it for 6 months and do the job properly' refurbishment. The tiles in the pool are one colour where the water reaches and another colour where it doesn't - despite the tiling all being of the same type. This demonstrates that a proper deep clean is required and this standard of cleanliness prevails throughout the hotel. The high level glass decorations in the restaurant are thick with dust and the bedrooms are knocked and battered too with ripped nets and chipped paintwork. Worst of all, as other reviewers repeatedly mention, the rooms are terribly, terribly hot - in March!! There must be somewhere better to stay near Legoland than the Copthorne and the owners need to put many millions in to put it right. Be led by us and stay elsewhere unless you can get a room rate close to £50.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Boydungood
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to place this review. I dont think any of us ever gave the exterior night shot a second thought, it was chosen really for its dramatic value, certainly not in an attempt to disguise anything.
The hotel is scheduled to undergo a refurbishment but in the meantime we have already completed two floors of bedrooms which is ongoing and much has been completed in the restaurants and public areas.
We look after over 180000 people per year and receive over200 trip advisors responses during this period, most of which are positive.
Thank you again for sharing your issues, whilst we do not like negative feedback I appreciate that it is necessary if we are to improve the service we provide and it is only through our guest feedback are we able to continually monitor and evaluate our offering.
Kindest regards & best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team & Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

We arrived after 10 hrs travel with 3 young children, to be advised that we had a outstanding balance for the extra night booked we were not aware of this as when we had called to make the extra night stay booking there was payment details taken and email confirmation. The next morning we then paid another £113.00 for the night stay and £23.00 for telephone call £1.00 per minute, wifi rubbish never worked, room far too hot childrens xbox room was a joke not one game for the xbox and all toys broken. Front of house staff extremely unfriendly and unwelcoming . We were so looking forward to our holiday and it was spoilt from the start by the manner of the staff financial burden from the begininning.It is still not resolved £84.99 still pending in my bank?????

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank springbokac
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for one night as it was suitably located for visiting a local office.
Despite advertising itself as a modern hotel the Copthorne feels very dated. The rooms are crying out for refurbishment and everything looks and feels old at best and dirty at worst.
The lack of a lift to the car park is a head scratcher with the only option being to manhandle baggage up a narrow staircase.
The Oriental restaurant is nice but service (as is also the case at reception and the bar) is lacklustre and slow from mostly disinterested staff (with one or two noticeable exceptions).
I very much doubt I will return here.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank MattMerritt

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I was extremely disappointed to read your comments and apologise for the obvious shortfalls in our product and service. You have no doubt read on these pages of our refubishment plans and our efforts in the meantime. For me, the most difficult part was reading of your experiences with some of my colleagues for which I have no excuse. We have just launched a retraining programme and I will bring your review with me when I attend, please be assured that your comments have been taken very seriously indeed and I renew my apologies to you and can only hope that you might allow us the opportunity to welcome you back. Should this be the case, please let me know so that I can oversee your complete stay and hopefully prove to you that we can, and will, do better.