Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (1 163)
1 163 results
All reviews visiting legoland legoland package lego land tea and coffee plenty of parking great location for legoland one night stay good nights sleep windsor heathrow motorway
Selected filters
8 - 13 of 1 163 reviews
Reviewed 18 September 2020 via mobile

We stayed here so we could take my son to a legoland. I contacted the hotel to explain it would be my sons birthday and they went above and beyond with balloons, messages on the mirror and a birthday banner on the wall. My son felt so special. We had dinner in the bar and was as expected. Not phenomenal but nice. Bar very good. Great parking and location and very clean and comfortable. Just so overwhelmed with the extras we recieved given the current issues. Well done Holiday Inn.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Alex Badea, Owner at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments, we appreciate all the feedback we receive as it helps us to review and improve the service we provide. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2020

We stayed in this hotel as a family of 3 for one night during a trip to Legoland.
We arrived at the hotel after a day at Legoland it was around 5pm.
The outside of the hotel filled me with dread if I’m honest it wasn’t the most pleasant looking buildings and the surroundings and were similar. However the inside of the hotel was modern and spotless. Check in was easy and everything was explained, the only thing that confused me was the ordering of food and drink. You had to order off the QR code in the room and my understanding was you could go and pick it up and eat downstairs or take it back to your room.
We decided we would go somewhere else to have tea. We walked about 20 minutes into the centre of slough and went to the weatherspoons. There were other places to eat there. We got an Uber back with was £5.50.

The room was big and clean, beds were comfy towels were clean. My son liked the green spot lights in the bathroom. The bathroom was modern and spacious.
Tea and coffee was provided but we didn’t use them.

We stayed in a room over looking Windsor castle which lit up at night.

We booked breakfast for 7:30am. This was one of the only hotels which provided a sit down hot breakfast that I could find. There were bottles of water available and everything was COVID safe.
Breakfast soon got busy so I was glad we went early.

The hotel was about a 10 minute drive to legoland. We would definitely stay here again if visiting legoland.

The only reason I didn’t give this hotel 5 stars is that the room was a bit musty when we arrived and the bathroom grout needs replacing or some bleach on it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Alex Badea, Owner at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2020

Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

After a busy family day at LEGOLAND we arrived at the hotel approximately 7:45pm and were checked in quickly by the efficient reception staff. Family room with 2 double beds was absolutely fine for our needs and a lovely clean bathroom. We decided to have dinner at the hotel as we were tired and hungry, but did not expect much from the food - how wrong we were! The Thai green curry and spicy chicken Penang both really flavoursome and pepperoni pizza fantastic. Under 13’s eat free but my Sons at 10 & 8 are big eaters, so shared a pizza and had a free kids meal on the side and really enjoyed it which also filled them up. Tables were all clean and staff were lovely and helpful.

Good nights sleep with room nice and quiet and then went down to breakfast at the pre-booked time (limiting number in restaurant at any one time).

Queued to get a nice cooked breakfast, served by staff which was plentiful and tasty. Understand the feedback from another member who mentioned about the social distancing, but felt the hotel did the best they could under difficult circumstances. They did limit the number of people in the restaurant and handed out baked goods including bread for the toaster in bags, to avoid handling etc

We have stayed at the Legoland hotel in the past a few years ago and were a bit disappointed by it particularly given the cost, so decided to try an alternative nearby this time. All in all very impressed and a great choice if you are looking for a family stay near Legoland!

Reviewed 31 August 2020

I don't normally write reviews but feel after this stay I just had to!

Stayed on 30th august after a lovely day at Lego land with my son!
The hotel is clean and staff very welcoming , the room was great, Very comfortable!

The concern came at breakfast! The restaurant is very small and social distancing was almost impossible. There were 60+ people in the restaurant which seemed like an awful lot in a small buffet restaurant!

There had been no thought taken to how they have set up the restaurant! People have to queue to get breakfast but the people entering the restaurant had to walk past this queue to get into the restaurant - there was far less than a meter for people to pass each other! People were having to pass through the queue , squeeze past each other in the small space and were completely unable to socially distance to get their breakfast!

To get cereal /coffee /tea again you have to pass through the queue of people waiting to get hot food - the space again is less than a meter!

I feel that mid pandemic a busy hotel like this really should be practicing much safer practice in order to follow government guidelines and protect their customers! There really should be far less people in the restaurant at one time and the tea/coffee places somewhere else so people can get it without having to pass through the queue!
There should be clear guidelines that people should enter at the other entrance so they don't have to squeeze past the breakfast queue when entering the restaurant !

The staff were very friendly and were working very hard , perhaps table service would be far safer in such a small area!

A really nice hotel but I think COVID precautions need to be seriously rethought!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Alex Badea, Owner at Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2020

Dear Anniemonty ,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay.

We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of service and it looks like your recent stay leaves a lot to be desired. I hear your unwanted challenges because of restaurant service. I'm sorry to learn your disappointment regarding the quality of service delivered in attending to your needs. What transpired is certainly not the experience we want you to recognize us.

I shared this with our management and I trust that they'll take the necessary steps to improve the service. Adequate training and coaching will also be given to the concerned staff to ensure that this will not happen again.

We value the trust you've given to our brands. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to show you our commitment to providing an exceptional service that you deserve!

Reviewed 28 August 2020

On the plus side, the room was spacious and equipped with everything we needed and the shower was great. Breakfast was adequate, nothing special but nothing to complain about.

The service in the restaurant in the evening was, however, diabolical. We decided to eat dinner in the hotel, not because we were at all excited by the menu, which was quite limited and comprised mainly of pre-prepared food, but because it was late by the time we checked in after a busy day at Legoland and we thought it would be a quick and easy option - BIG MISTAKE! First of all, although several tables were unoccupied when we walked in, none of them had been fully cleared or wiped down. In the current situation, I feel this reflects very badly on the hotel. We tried to obey the instructions we had been given and order through the app, but because the tab for our table had not been closed down after the previous occupants had finished eating, my husband had to go up to the bar to save us from being charged £90 for food we weren't eating! The guests at the table next to us had had the exact same issue, so this was not a one-off. It took forever just to get our drinks, and when my husband went back to the bar to see if they were ever coming there was no apology, despite the fact that people who had ordered after us had been served their drink first.We hadn't ordered anything fancy, just a beer,a cider and a 7-Up. We didn't get the sugar-free 7-Up we ordered, instead a regular 7-Up was served without comment, but we were too exhausted to argue. When the 2 adult meals arrived, the server didn't bring our daughter's meal or any cutlery. We immediately asked for knives and forks, but never received them. We looked around the restaurant to see if any were laid out for people to help themselves, but found only condiments. When our little one's food still had not come after several minutes, my husband felt obliged to go up to the bar for the third time to ask whether it had been forgotten about. My daughter had chosen the kid's version of his burger-and-fries meal, so we were quite confused as to why it had not come at the same time. The member of staff on the bar made a call to the kitchen and we were assured that it was on it's way. In the meantime, we resorted to eating our own meals with our fingers before they went cold. When our daughter's meal STILL hadn't arrived by the time we had finished, and the poor child had got so desperate that she actually accepted some pizza (which she hates) from my plate to stave off the hunger pangs, my husband , who was close losing his rag, suggested that she go and complain herself and let them know how hungry she was, as we were clearly being ignored! She willingly did so, and after a second phone call to the kitchen, her meal finally came. We still had to ask if she could PLEASE have a knife and fork, but at least we eventually got them this time.

Judging from the remarks we couldn't help overhearing, other guests were having a similar experience. I see no excuse for such sloppy service when, as I stated previously, most of the food on offer is pre-prepared and just needs heating up.

Date of stay: August 2020