Ostrich Inn
US$84
US$79
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Slough - Windsor(Slough)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$90
US$44
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5(Colnbrook)(Great Value!)
US$79
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Slough Hotel(Slough)(Great Value!)
US$85
PremierInn.com
US$92
Travelocity
US$80
PremierInn.com
All reviewscar rentallovely old pubsecondary glazingtrap doorlargest roomfrequent travelerrecommend the eggs benedictlondon hotelmember of staffplenty of hot waterminute drivestayed herefollowing morningcomfortable roomfirst floorhotel hoppaheathrow airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as it is only 15 minutes to Heathrow. Good reception on arrival and free parking with lots of spaces. The pub dates back to the 1100’s and is a beautiful building. We stayed in room 8 which was pleasantly decorated but overlooked the road which was quite noisy. Had a fantastic meal in the restaurant. Great food and the service was good. Lovely shower in the room, great pressure and temperature. Overall I’d recommend apart from a small gripe or two. Despite the heating being on, the bedroom was cold and the bathroom was freezing. Had to sleep in full thermals. The windows are old and I could feel a substantial draft coming through. The headboard had light switches built in to it, right where the pillows go so if you shifted around the pillows would press the light switches on and off. Very annoying. Top tips: Bring warm pyjamas and earplugs.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Classy pub with draught real ales. Nice outside patio. Generally good service. Does nice meals, but restaurant area always quite when I visit. Slightly more expensive than other pubs in the area, but I think this is the best one. Handy for Heathrow it you are staying overnight.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2018

I recently had to stay at Heathrow due to changes in my travel plans. Faced with a flight the following morning I had a choice of make life simple, dump the car rental, and stay at one of the cookie-cutter hotels on the airport's perimeter, or....... see if the Ostrich Inn had a room, and it did.

Not much not to love here. 900 or so years old, stairs that you need your wits about you to go up and down.... because they're that old, rooms that give you that feeling of staying in a very old property, but fully modernized bathrooms to make you say to yourself "oh, how cool!" If all this is not enough, I swear to you the inclusive breakfast is a joy to have. It's a la carte - treat yourself to smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast.

I've read other reviews complaining of the taxi cost to get here. My advice to those just arriving at Heathrow, without a car rental is to take Uber/Lyft. Failing that catch the hotel hoppa to the nearby Hilton T5 and get a cab from there.

Make this inn part of your travel experience, you'll appreciate it over the blandness surrounding Heathrow

Room Tip: #3 is ground floor, spacious, but opposite the entrance. There may be some muted bar noise at weekend. Dastardly deeds took place is #11
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Ian J
Reviewed 5 February 2018

We stayed at the Ostrich Inn to break a long journey to Kent from Devon as it is in a very convenient location for the M4/M25 with free parking. We stayed in Room 1 which was lovely and appeared newly decorated. The huge rainfall shower was fabulous. The only downside is that this room is right on a fairly busy road and although secondary double glazed it was still a bit noisy. We ate in the restaurant that evening and both the fish and chips and chicken burger were very good. The breakfast the next morning was not so good. We ordered Eggs Benedict and the eggs were overcooked but as breakfast was included in the price we couldn't complain. The Inn and Restaurant are very clean and atmospheric so for the very good price I would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Enseada
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed in room 2 for 2 nights. The room is road adjacent and of course underneath Heathrow’s approach/departure route. I am a very light sleeper so I was worried but the secondary glazing was good enough to let me sleep. I can’t rate it 5 stars just because it isn’t the Ritz but the decor is tasteful and the room is absolutely acceptable for the price. I’m certain I will stay here again in future. I really like the fact that the parking is free which is rare around the airports. I hate it when hotels charge extra for guests to park.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business