“food”
Review of Hakalok

Hakalok
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic Malaysian, Thai Restaurant and Take-Away. Discover the traditional hospitality and cuisine of Malaysia.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I came to eat on Tuesday last week the food don't taste the same and the staff was slow
not as nice as it was.

some food was salty some was not the same. next doortakeaway the same food not nice like before think they changed chef

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Go here regularly and always enjoy it. We've never had a bad dish and service is always good. We love it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When hubby lived in WGC we visited this restaurant on weekly basis. Having moved away, we happened to be around that area and wenr back. The food is great, but they had so many take away orders to fulfill they forgot about the people in the restaurant. We had a few hrs' drive ahead of us and by the time they served the mains we had a few spoonfuls and asked for it to be doggie bagged as we couldnt wait any longer. Food always very good tho.

Thank anna maria pier... W
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Aghhhhhhhh, it does annoy me when I go to a new restaurant and the basics are not cared about.

Firstly it’s mix of Malaysian, Thai and Chinese gets a bit lost in terms of favour between them and the menu starts to look a bit of a mismash.

Maybe good for other so apologies to you if you disagree, but we ordered a mixed starters to share, followed by Tom yum KPrawns, duck and the Malay rice.

Ok here’s the criticism, the starter had a mango salad, just cut it properly I don’t want big onion slices, I’m not asking for High end dining but your chefs must know how to cut properly.

The duck was dry and the Tom yum tasted of stock only, hardly any spice, where are the aromats? Like lemon grass, ginger, lime leaves etc yes it’s obvious you use a paste but taste it yourselves and taste the real thing they are completely different.

Service was ok, they were not busy but I assume the owner and waitress need to pay attention more, they are friendly don’t get me wrong but I shouldn’t have to draw your attention we are finished and ask for the bill.

All I’m saying is improve your standards a bit and it can be a good restaurant, stop with the mismash of cuisines and do Malaysian properly if not do all of them properly.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

This place is under pressure to reduce costs and the ingredients and portion size has been cut. We used to visit 3/4 time a month but the food is not as good. Staff are very friendly and helpful