“Great furniture from a great cause”
Review of Recover

Recover
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: RECOVER is committed to making the highest quality of up-cycled furniture and related items. In our inspirational furniture vintage meets modern. Whether your home is contemporary or traditional, our furniture and accessories will enhance its style.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I'm incorrigibly addicted to this organisation, whose gloriously exciting furniture I have bought in abundance. It's really impossible to resist , especially given the hugely worthy cause to which the proceeds go..To make way for my acquisitions, I've even donated some of my previously much loved items of furniture, which you may spot in their workshop. Ian and Holly who run this outfit are an absolute hero and heroine, so dedicated to their work and, as if that wasn't enough, two of the loveliest people.

1  Thank Judith138
Ian B, General Manager at Recover, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for the kind words, we are blushing even now!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"upcycled"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

The recover team kindly let me spend a week with them in March doing some work experience. During my time I learnt all about the different processes that go into up-cycling and re-creating various pieces of furniture - surprisingly so much more time and detail than you’d think!

I also had the chance to speak with many of the volunteers and its very apparent just how much they all enjoy and appreciate what recover is doing. It’s such a lovely judgment free community providing volunteers with wonderful new skills, support and confidence.

There are so many lovely unique pieces here that have been made with real dedication and care. If you do buy anything you’ll not just come away with something pretty but with a piece that’s been lovingly made, is completely unique and is helping support others at the same time.

I would 100% suggest popping by!

1  Thank Albany W
Ian B, General Manager at Recover, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

It was a pleasure having you join the Team for a week and we are delighted you found it worthwhile. Your work was very good indeed, prep, painting & upholstery very well done.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Popped in today to see this for myself. A fantastic place with great people and furniture all for a good cause! Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Ciara A
Ian B, General Manager at Recover, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for the review, it was a pleasure meeting you yesterday and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

I am so happy I found this place, it is full of creative, beautiful pieces. The furniture is very professionally finished and great quality. I want to buy everything. There is something for everyones tastes. It's all for a great cause and the team are lovely and welcoming. I would definitely recommend Recover to everyone!

Ian B, General Manager at Recover, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Thank you for the review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I visited the warehouse looking for a cupboard for our bathroom. I couldn't find anything I quite liked but Holly and Ian showed me around the furniture that hadn't had any work done to it. I found the perfect sized cupboard and they painted it to my specification. I was amazed I didn't have to leave a deposit and they even said if I didn't like it at the end I was under no obligation to buy it. The guys in the warehouse were lovely and made me feel very welcomed. They even included free delivery.

Thank you for the review and we are very happy you are pleased with your purchase - look forward to seeing you again soon.