Deeside Inn(Ballater)
US$136
US$133
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

No 45(Ballater)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$142
Loch Kinord Hotel(Dinnet)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$163
US$125
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

US$177
Huntly Arms(Aboyne)
US$102
  • Breakfast included
Glen Clova Hotel(Milton of Clova)
US$144
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$97
US$94
Hotels.com
All reviewsbedroom suitehigh standardchanging roomsexcellent resorthilton grand vacationstime shareleisure facilitiessales pitchscottish highlandssteam roomexcellent facilitiesbeautiful locationfirst classloch nessbar and restaurantmain buildingsteak night
Reviewed 11 June 2018

The lift from the ground to the 1st floor was out of action is it is being replaced, this was not ideal when trying to take luggage upto and down from your room and staff did not offer assistance with this.

The room was also incredibly warm with no air conditioning, when we queried this the member of staff said to open the patio door or use the fan... leaving the door open overnight is not ideal from a security perspecitive or for preventing wildlife from entering.

That said the grounds are very nice and the accommodation is to a good standard.. although the floor creaks a lot!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
2  Thank Internship10
HiltonGrandVacations, Resort Administration Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the elevator being out of service for the duration of your stay. I am very disappointed to read you were not offered assistance with luggage. I will look into this as we offer assistance with luggage to all guests and I am sorry this service was not offered to you. We appreciate all feedback as through this we strive to improve our service.

Kind regards,
Craig Hay
Resort Administration Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2018

We are HGVC members and have a level of expectation. This hotel tries, but there are some areas where it fell short. From staying in other properties in Scotland, this was top notch to look at, but when we actually used some of the amenities, there were a few gaps.
For example, our suite, was on the second floor ( as a review THREE WEEKS ago indicated, still no elevator) but it wouldn't have helped. our room was through a door half way up stairs, and had 3 steps to get into the unit from the hallway. In addition, our unit had 2 doors, both with steps. From looking at the layout, seems like our unit had lost a bit of floor space due to a closet in the hall. I can't remember our room number, but I think it's the only one that has this configuration. I'm saying this as the fire chart on the back of the door showed the footprints of each room, and ours was the only one with stairs to get into it from the hall. The couch did not pull out, so it was only for 2 people. I knew it had a half kitchen, but didn't realize that the half means the only cooking could be done in microwave. I don't know how to cook easy over eggs in a microwave, so cold breakfasts were on the menu. The other complaint was with the laundry. There were TWO washers and dryers for the 33 suites in the complex. Yes they were free, and they provided the Tide, but with 33 units, I had to wait until 10:30 pm to use of the machine. The receptionist was nice and sympathetic, but there was nothing she could do. No sign up sheet, or scheduling of the use. She offered to ask housekeeping if I could use there machine in the morning, but I was wanting to be out exploring, and not waiting on laundry.
Other reviewers have indicated the layout is strange. It was an old manor house that they added wings for suites. Maybe if we were in a different wing, things would have been better. Our room faced the trash bins in back of the complex. Try to get a room on the top floor, as it seemed those had the better views. Also, remember this is a time share place too, so we had the offer of going to hear the timeshare speech, but would have gotten no reward for going. They were not pushy about it, so that was nice.
The fine dining is not open on Tuesday nights, but the bar area served food, and it looked fine. Our impression was that this place looks great in pictures, and worked well for people who don't plan on cooking or doing laundry.
If you want a pretty place with room to move around, this was a great option. The staff was nice, room was clean, and they provided soap, robes and slippers. The tea as well as fridge were good too. For us, I think we would try the connected lodges, as I think they had full kitchens and washer/ dryer.

Room Tip: Ask to face the front, as the back has a view of the trash dumpster.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OhiobasedChris
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent a week and a day in Scotland with this hotel in Ballater as base. Our one bedroom suite was comfortable, the staff were courteous and helpful, and the meals we had in the restaurant and bar were very good.

We rented a car in Aberdeen which allowed Day excursions to places such as Balmoral and several other castles as well as shopping and/ or other ventures into the nearby village(s). We really enjoyed interacting with the locals and seeing the picture perfect countryside

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Preachman
Reviewed 23 May 2018

We stayed here in May 2018 for three nights as we traveled the Highlands. Our accommodations were comfortable. We ate one night in the bar - food selection was limited but fine for a quick meal. Lots of stairs to climb and hallways to traverse - an issue if you have any mobility challenges. Staff was very welcoming. We stayed as a member of our party is a HGVC member else I think we would have stayed elsewhere at a more affordable rate.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week this past February to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. We made plenty of day trips which was nice as it was never more than 2 hours to most places we went to visit. February was a VERY quiet time to visit most restaurants out in town were not open which was very limiting but allowed us to try several items on the menu here which to our surprise were fairly reasonably priced. The breakfast the first morning left a little to be desired as it is a limiting chilled breakfast but we were able to visit local bakeries which were open in the morning.

The rooms themselves were wonderful. We were in a newly renovated 1 bedroom suite with a fireplace, a half kitchen and a beautiful decorated bathroom. There were plenty of books on tourism and the history of Scotland in the shelves built in around the fireplace and the half kitchen was stocked with all of the necessities including a tea kettle, tea, coffee and a little container of milk in the fridge.

I have recommended this location to all of our friends and family looking to visit Scotland. It was very quaint, cozy and quiet and overall a beautiful place to stay while visiting Scotland

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple