Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch Suites
Loch Kinord Hotel(Dinnet)(Great Value!)
US$180
HotelQuickly
US$79
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Glen Clova Hotel(Milton of Clova)
US$167
US$153
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
Huntly Arms(Aboyne)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsone bedroom suitehigh standardhilton grand vacationsexcellent resortscottish highlandstime sharesales pitchexcellent facilitiesfirst classleisure facilitiesbar and restaurantbeautiful locationsteak nightbalmoral castlemain buildingshort breaksauna and steam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in a junior suite (20) and it was beautiful and extremely clean! We unfortunately had a view of the roof of the pool. However we did have a balcony and got to spend some wonderful evenings in the snow.
For quite an expensive suite you do not get much with it. There’s no room service and after 10pm you cannot get any food or drinks. The drinks and meals were expensive down in the lounge (with a limited menu) and the restaurant (opening times were limited).
Breakfast is not included and is only continental and priced at over £8 so we actually ate at the bothy in Ballater every morning which was lovely.
The spa was nice but my spa therapist was not so great, not great customer service.
The pools were lovely and not busy. Enjoyed spending time with my boyfriend in there!
We were both blessed and cursed with the beast from the east and had the most amazing days in the snow but the snow gates were closed the entire time. There’s not a great amount to do around the hotel other than go for walks. The receptionist didn’t have many definitions!

Only really have photos of the surroundings! The snow was truly magical!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
HiltonGrandVacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to learn you found your suite to be beautiful and clean. We are a self-catering resort and as such we do not offer room service. Dining options are available in our restaurant and lounge until 9pm daily. I have passed your comments regarding your spa experience to the owner of the spa to allow him to follow up with his team. Thank you for your feedback as through this we strive to improve our service. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Craig Hay
Resort Administration Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Had a brilliant night in the junior suite. It was our night away after being married and we were greeted with some lovely little congratulations things. The bed was comfy, room immaculate & everyone was so friendly and helpful. The pool was lovely and warm too.
Food in the restaurant was perfection!

Our only complaint is during the winter there is only a continental breakfast so we weren’t too pleased about paying £8 each for toast & cereal!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly C
Reviewed 13 February 2018

We had a wonderful four nights at Craigendarroch, staying in a one-bedroom suite. We are two adults and two primary-aged kids and we all loved it. The suite was very spacious and luxurious and has everything you need. The kids loved the swimming pool which is huge and and never felt crowded, even though it's school holidays in Aberdeen. On one day we walked to the top of Craigendarroch, there's a path just behind the hotel, and the views from the top were stunning. The views from the suite are also gorgeous. If I was going to make one suggestion it would be for the restaurant in the hotel to put some vegan options on their menu. Some of us are trying to reduce our impact on the environment by choosing plant-based meals but there was not a single thing on the menu. I don't like having to ask for something bespoke because I feel like a nuisance however in this instance I did and they were very helpful and offered me three choices. I don't think the chef understands plant-based meals because the meal I ordered was not very filling (it was really just a salad) and I ended up having to order two main meals to fill myself up. Even just some nuts in the salad would have made a difference. After that we didn't eat at the restaurant a second time. I hope next time we stay at Craigendarroch this has changed. It was also not clear what is recycled and what isn't. We're happy to sort our rubbish into waste and recycling. When you look out the window at Craigendarroch to see such natural beauty it's hard not to want to do your bit for the environment. One last thing, there's internet access directly from the TV but the browser is very old and doesn't run popular sites like YouTube and Netflix.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel M
HiltonGrandVacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort. I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed the area and our resort. I have shared your comments with director of food and beverage for review and improvement. We look forward to your return to Craigendarroch.

Craig Hay
Resort Administration Manager

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Love taking my little grandson for a swim, clean and mostly the pools are warm. Food in restaurants are nice, but haven’t been since new opening hours. Lovely decor and very chilled out vibe.
Gym is good and well equipped for what I need

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 28 January 2018

just back from an over night stay at the hotel, very friendly service at reception from Vera as we checked in. Stayed in suite 3, an amazing suite with everything you need, lounge, little kitchen, large bedroom and bathroom. Had dinner in the restaurant again service was great as was the food, the facilities are good also, great pool area. Would recommend a stay for a relaxing break or with the family

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple