“Party”
Review of Yates Bedford

Yates Bedford
Ranked #22 of 28 Nightlife in Bedford
Reviewed 12 May 2018

Whats Happened to the place i loved, OMG the only was is down, never in all my life have i seen such a mess, glasses and plates everywhere, scruffy staff on their phone and running riot. NEVER AGAIN. Shame.

Date of experience: May 2018

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Went to Bedford for the day. Decided to go into Yates for lunch, the place was fairly quiet and everyone was friendly. Ordered the Southern Fried Chicken Burger, which was nice but I felt that the skin was too crispy for my taste, but the rest of the meal was great. Would consider coming here again, good value on meals and drinks as well.

Thank R. R
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We visited Yates to watch the football the other day and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.
I have seen many poor reviews but I wanted to give it a go for myself. They may have done with more staff members but I understand labour vs take therefore it is understandable that there were not plenty of staff.
The one issue I had was that the glasses were not in great condition as well as food no longer being served but it was around 8:40pm at this point so it didn't bother me too much, however my overall experience was a positive one. I spoke shortly with the young lady who said she was the manager and I believe her name was Lauren? Short blondish hair. Looks very young to be a manager but you cannot fault the girl - she is fantastic at her job. Quick service, friendly with customers and didn't stop working.
There were two other people that were working that night as far as I could see, I believe the other girl was being called Woody but I didn't catch the name of the young man however I was happy with the service from both of them. Woody is very friendly and helpful and she should be praised for this.
Overall I can see why some people have their issues with Yates but I believe the issues to be to do with the building etc. and that the staff do the best they can with what they have to work with.
Well done to the team the other day and I look forward to returning at some point in the future.

Thank you for the hospitality team yates!

1  Thank Tom J
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Terrible. Came here for their cocktails. Out of the 6 we wanted, they didn’t have ingredients for 2 and glasses for 2.
Then got ID’d twice whilst inside & bar stuff are miserable.
No offer of a substitute, no apology or sincerity.