“Give the place a chance”
Review of Yates Bedford

Yates Bedford
Ranked #23 of 28 Nightlife in Bedford
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We visited Yates to watch the football the other day and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.
I have seen many poor reviews but I wanted to give it a go for myself. They may have done with more staff members but I understand labour vs take therefore it is understandable that there were not plenty of staff.
The one issue I had was that the glasses were not in great condition as well as food no longer being served but it was around 8:40pm at this point so it didn't bother me too much, however my overall experience was a positive one. I spoke shortly with the young lady who said she was the manager and I believe her name was Lauren? Short blondish hair. Looks very young to be a manager but you cannot fault the girl - she is fantastic at her job. Quick service, friendly with customers and didn't stop working.
There were two other people that were working that night as far as I could see, I believe the other girl was being called Woody but I didn't catch the name of the young man however I was happy with the service from both of them. Woody is very friendly and helpful and she should be praised for this.
Overall I can see why some people have their issues with Yates but I believe the issues to be to do with the building etc. and that the staff do the best they can with what they have to work with.
Well done to the team the other day and I look forward to returning at some point in the future.

Thank you for the hospitality team yates!

1  Thank Tom J

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Terrible. Came here for their cocktails. Out of the 6 we wanted, they didn’t have ingredients for 2 and glasses for 2.
Then got ID’d twice whilst inside & bar stuff are miserable.
No offer of a substitute, no apology or sincerity.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Tired pub with not much choice on tap - which is fine but the service was terrible. Probably, no definitely the worst service I’ve had in a long time.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

My wife and I were standing outside of Yates looking for somewhere to eat and decided to go in.

This is an evening establishment which provides food during the day. The majority of the clientele at lunch-time are elderly and appeared to be regulars.

The décor of the interior needs significant refurbishment. I suspect that at night the lighting is low and the deleterious character cannot be seen. We accidentally knocked a glass of beer over and a member of staff did come and wipe the table dry but noted that he would not wipe the floor. It was obvious that this had happened before as the carpet was in part black.

The menu is simple and the same as a basic public house being based on everything with chips or similar meal choices. However the food served was well cooked and served extremely quickly.

This establishment is typical of its type and whilst we would not select to ‘dine’ here again the food is good of its type. However the decorations are extremely ‘tatty’ and are in urgent need of refurbishment. Similarly the state of the toilets was extremely poor and again required some significant refurbishment and maintenance.

Overall: Good food but a very poor environment.