“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine dining restaurant
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Without doubt the best curry in Bedford. I use this restaurant every time I'm in Bedford on business. Great staff, very friendly atmosphere and the food is absolutely fantastic. Highly recommended.

3  Thank 144mikes

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I travel all over the uk and this is one of the best Indian I've been too. All four of us had various dishes and everyone enjoyed. Will defo be back

5  Thank Cookie1927
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We planned a night out in bedford with some friends and wanted dinner first. We booked a table at Indiya which is in the town just at top of the high street perfect for when we finished to go into town. The atmosphere was very nice inside and everyone was very helpful and polite. The food was lovely came quick and went down a treat. Writing this is making me hungry and want to visit again. I will definately be going here again with some more friends. There is a good selection to choose from. There is a car park on the broadway just up from the restaurant or parking on de parys Avenue, just be aware of parking times and pay and display in the area.

6  Thank 1bungle
Reviewed 11 June 2018

went there with some friends and we wanted to order a lot of starters and the waiter then told us that we have to order mains we cant just only order starters. So instead of each ordering at least 3-5 starters we had mains. They were very nice but not what we had looked for in the menu before

1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Reading the many excellent encouraged us to try Indiya instead of our usual Indian Restaurant, Choudhury's just metres away.

We were greeted with a warm welcome. Everything looked spotless, even the menu's were clean & restaurant is decorated to good taste, no doubt about it, first impressions count a lot and this certainty seemed like a fine establishment.

The staff were well dressed, courteous & chatty, overall very professional. however this is where my compliments stop.

Diet coke was flat, so politely informed one of the staff discreetly, he promptly exchanged for a fresh glass and drink but sadly this was flat too but i didn't pursue it the 2nd time.

Food was just "OK", but to be honest, most of what i ordered tasted bland. The main issue i had at Indiya, & being a vegetarian, i found small traces of Salmon in my meal, i do eat fish occasionally so on this occasion i didn't complain but i couldn't help but wonder if other veg dishes are cooked in the same unwashed pans that have been used for meat & fish.

The food was no way as good as the service & décor and prices did not reflect the quality of food. Reviews and opinions are of course based on comparisons & experience, i have no hesitation to say that the food at Choudhury's is far superior and also excellent value for money too compared to Indiya. Service at Choudhury's is also good and decor is good so I doubt very much I'll be returning back to Indiya

2  Thank Ed6262