“Tapas”
Review of The Shabby Scholar

The Shabby Scholar
Ranked #5 of 23 Nightlife in Carlisle
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Tasty food but quite expensive for tapas
Service excellent, staff friendly and good selection of cocktails

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Firstly, down forget about soup if you are having a starter - it really is delicious! For the mains, there's an over reliance on chips - thick chunky ones - though some very interesting menu choices. Service is excellent.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I visited here with my best female friend and her partner on Friday 29th September 2017. The food was superb, and the Earl Grey tea was good. My friend's partner had to leave us after he'd eaten his meal, as he had to go to work. That however, is by the by. The seating and decor was reminiscent of an old school, which is apt when you consider the name of the place. I feel that the staff should have been dressed as teachers complete with gowns and mortarboards, but that is just my opinion. I think we all enjoyed the visit.

1  Thank Alphaeus1917
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Easy accessible, just in the square *Carlyle Court* opposite the Market
Entrance Fisher St. The staff are cheerful, the whole place is clean. and most importantly the food is delicious. Very good food 4 of us today but all food came hot and freshly cooked. Definitly recommend it, for good food

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Visited for birthday meal with my family. despite taking a booking several weeks ago for 5, on arrival were shown to the lower level. tables suitable for 4 maximum. When I complained to server that we could not get more than 4 plated around table were offered another table exactly same size next to 4 other diners. they were struggling to fit plates onto table. I again commented can that if they were struggling with 4, no way we could fit with 5. were then asked if we would mind sitting outside if they put patio heater on! We did so, but while food and service very good, those not near heater were freezing. Would not recommend booking if more than 4 and saddened that despite taking our booking, no effort was made to join tables together inside fir our party of 5.