“The staff just don't want to know”

Gallaghers Irish Bar
Ranked #18 of 23 Nightlife in Carlisle
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Only ordered a Diet Coke as it was a quick visit to the pub as I was waiting for a Chinese takeaway from across the road, and I was driving. The drink was tasteless (other than the horrendous taste of soda water) the pump needed changing. The staff were rude and when asked if they could change the filter they took a sip of my drink and told me it tasted fine and re-poured another drink of the same flavour. Didn't feel as if I could return the drink a second time so just didn't drink it. Luckily, not from the area but if I was, I wouldn't return.

3  Thank emmarose22

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Came to this pub with friends before the Rod Stewart concert, great pub with a very friendly atmosphere. Drink reasonable priced, very enjoyable experience.

1  Thank DavCazza3007
Reviewed 3 September 2015

We visited Gallaghers for the first time and ending up staying all evening. Everybody in there were so friendly, including the staff whose service was excellent. Throughly recommend a visit here.

3  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

If your looking for a traditional Irish whisky bar then I could not recommend gallaghers more, I have lived in Carlisle all my life but only recently visited the bar but the atmosphere is perfect, the attention to detail even down to the shamrocks on the Guinness made my visit exceptional, I'm not a big whiskey drinker but the choice blew me away I would highly recommend a visit.

2  Thank jordanc123
BridieG90, Owner at Gallaghers Irish Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2015

Hi, thank you for your review we appriciate the nice responce and look forward to seeing you again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Full of low life's and criminals, the bar staff made me feel very unwelcome, the bartender looked miserable which made me uncomfortable and nobody smiles in there! a very depressing atmosphere. I would never go in there again!

8  Thank Hannahfaye21
BridieG90, Owner at Gallaghers Irish Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

This is a very false review from a young lady that had to be barred on the previous date of this review. Gallagher's bar is one of the most friendliest bar in town and we welcome all future customers to be sure.