“Amazing quality trial flight - recommend highly”
Review of Border Air Tours

Border Air Tours
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in Carlisle
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and fly around the beautiful islands of the West Coast of Scotland or fly alongside the magnificent valleys of the Lake District. Learn about the cultural heritage and history of Hadrian's wall as you experience this World Heritage Site at its best from above. Our experienced professional pilots turned tour guides will ensure you experience the breathtaking scenery at its best. All our tours depart from Carlisle Airport or Oban Airport. There could not be a better gift for that special occasion, so book your Border Air experience with us today and share the memories for years to come.
Reviewed 14 March 2017

My trial flight was an amazing experience, it was beautiful scenery and taking the controls was an amazing experience.
However the only thing that was horrible was coming down and listening to chinese woman giving the office staff grief and demanding a full refund AFTER her flight, i heard a full refund being offered before this womans flight and she declined the offer and had her flight yet demanding a full refund on her landing which i thought was bang out of order considering she had been on the flight. She was really nasty and rude to the office staff who dealt with the matter very professional, she offered a part refund which this woman declined as she wanted a full refund. On speaking to what i assume was the womans husband and daughter out in the corridor (obv too embarrassed by her actions) they showed me the beautiful pictures they had taken whilst up in the aircraft and also added they HAD ENJOYED the flight and showing me the certificate that Border Air had given them for having hands on experience as like my certificate. This Chinese woman was evil, rude and dam right nasty so anyone reading her review should disregard it as i do not think even mother teresa herself could make her happy.
Well done Border Air you acted professional and i would highly recommend you to others for trial lessons.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

My wife had emailed Border Air Training at Carlisle in January 2016 to book a high-wing Cessna 172 4-seater flight experience as a surprise for me as I love planes. She paid up via credit card in advance within the first 2 days of February 2016 though the flight was in May. Imagine our shock on the day of the flight, a low-wing Piper was being prepared for our flight. It was not what was agreed upon and what she had paid for. The excuse was that all the Cessna aircraft were being maintained. All the months prior to our arrival in early May, we did not hear from Border Air Training about the unavailability of the plane we had purchased the flight experience in. My wife was naturally very upset at the turn of events. The woman at the reception, Carole (who had handled her booking and purchase and had agreed to her requirements for a high-wing Cessna 172 and a scenic aerial view of the area in their email correspondence in Jan-Feb 2016) then mentioned something about a full refund but I thought we should proceed as we had driven up for more than an hour to get there. A Piper does not offer any unobstructed views at all and though the instructress Kathy Howe agreed to "try" to fly in such a way that we can still get some views despite the low-wings, she did not do so at all. Although we were nearby, we didn't even get any aerial views of Hadrian's Wall! All the decent photos we tried to take from the aircraft were blocked by the low-wings of the Piper. The headset for our daughter wasn't working and the instructress told us to reach behind our seats to get another pair, which didn't work either! Her attitude was very blasé and she seemed interested in just getting the flight over and done with. Needless to say, it was a very unenjoyable experience. After the flight Kathy even asked my daughter and I to help her push the aircraft back into the hangar!
Back at the reception, Carole asked about the flight and my wife told her we were very unhappy with it and she offered to ask her manager for a partial refund for us. We didn't hear from them and my wife then wrote an email to them, highlighting the non-deliverance of her agreed-upon and pre-paid flight experience. A very defensive Graham Dawson (CFI) replied, totally unapologetic about the poor experience and non-delivery of the service my wife had paid for in advance. He had chosen to totally disregard what had been agreed upon at point of purchase but not delivered and placed the onus of finding out about the availability of the Cessna aircraft on us! It remains one of our worst U.K. visit experiences! We were very disappointed with Border Air Training for not making any attempts prior to our arrival at their office on the morning of May 10, 2016, to inform us of the unavailability of the aircraft we had wanted. Had we been notified ahead of our arrival at their office in Carlisle, we would have had the option of cancelling with them, gotten a full refund and booked elsewhere for our flight experience. Totally unforgettable for all the wrong reasons!

5  Thank kaira428
Reviewed 5 November 2016

I was lucky enough to receive a voucher from our children for my Special Birthday. As we live locally we were able to wait for a "Perfect" day convenient for all.
We were met at the office by our pilot Graham last Wednesday and after all the safety formalities were completed we proceeded to Hanger 30 to board one of the four seater air-crafts. Once we had permission from the Tower we were up and away. Wow! What an experience. Graham obviously enjoys his job showing the Lake District from the best advantage point in the air. He gave a good commentary highlighting places of interest. We were all wearing headphones linked to each other so it wasn't long before Graham was pointing out the village where we lived making sure we could see "our place",all the lakes we had walked round and the hills we had walked up. On more than one occasion he manoeuvred the aircraft for us to take photos without showing parts of the aircraft, and to get the whole lake in the picture.
We have no hesitation in recommending this wonderful experience.

1  Thank thebarkers1968
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

We cane here for a flight around the Lake District and our pilot, Pete was fabulous, full of enthusiasm. He really made an effort to make our trip memorable. We got some fantastic video of the mountains and Pete made sure we didn't miss anything. Thanks again to all the staff at Boarder air training for that unforgettable day

1  Thank Thomassunter