See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2018

No one to check us in, had to use phone that was hanging off the wall. Not disable friendly with steps into the hotel without hand rails. Stairs very dangerous so we were given a room on the ground floor. Could not open a window as this opened on to a much used walkway by the river. My daughter had to use a hand gel to clean her feet before we got into bed as floor is filthy. En suite about six inches wider than the toilet so shower was of no use unless you are size 10/12. No toiletries, no water, no shelf in shower for own toiletries and not enough room to bend down to pick them up from shower floor. Kettle too dirty to boil water in for tea. Pipes to toilet green and mouldy. Wanted to open toilet window to get some air in overnight but could not do this as toilet cistern ran all night! Only single dress pillows on the bed which was very uncomfortable and lumpy. These pillows had labels that said “premier inn” on them. Because we had to leave early breakfast consisted of orange juice or water (we did not want to chance the water being boiled in something disgusting) and toast which was in effect warm bread with no colour to it, sickly jam butter was ok. Lol! Avoid this hotel like the plague. I would only recommend it to my worst enemy

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank judie1112017
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

we arrived very sceptical, the outside was so dilated all that stood before us was the 'I Side Hot.

Staff took ages to book us in after cramping 8 of us in the tiniest hallway in history.

We were then taken to our rooms, room 27 is a biohazard experience! the rooms bed was covered in sick, you could smell this as soon as you entered!
the mattresses were covered in stains as were the protectors!
the pillows were severely sweat stained and the duvets covered on blood and ink.
We were kind of stick and moved to a different room, the staff didn't even inspect the room said they believed us and they've had this problem before?! it was literally inhabitable.
New room was slightly better, still not as hygienic as a room should be.

Bar is not staffed at night.

Breakfast was absolutely vile, beans were rock hard, egg were slimy, mushrooms were full of water and oil.
Bacon was inedible and sausages looked like they came from a tin!

To top it off all condiments were out of date!

was so expensive for what this was, and would definitely not recommend for anyone!

If I could give this a minus star I would ! surprised it hasn't been shut down!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank shannonjadex
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a concert and was brilliant everything we were looking for and more, nice view of river from Windows, rooms are clean warm and full of character, food was brill. Suzanne fab!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank NelsonMelvin
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

initially I booked here because of the name..RIVERSIDE!
It IS river side and the river is beautiful and clean.
at first glance the bed spread was stained but it wasn't,it was just a really badly chosen pattern!
The staff could not have helped me anymore than they did...I felt so safe n secure.
Yes,there are some cobwebs but that isn't the end of the world!
I would definitely come back again..in fact,I would go out of my way to revisit this under used building that is steeped history

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I am happy to stay in the most basic types of accomodation. Basic to include clean and safe surroundings. Sadly, this hotel was beyond dirty and I felt quite unsafe. The cord on the sash window was snapped meaning if you were to open the window it would slam down on you. Cleanliness was non existent. Very run down. I'm sure a health inspector would close down the place. Didn't bother having breakfast as if the kitchen was in the same state as the bedrooms I didn’t want to think about how filthy it would be.
My recommendation would be to find somewhere else to stay

Date of stay: April 2018