“A fantastic village local ”

The Three Horseshoes
Ranked #105 of 525 Restaurants in Colchester
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Three Horseshoes is a modern interpretation of an original public house. It is a warm and friendly meeting place, serving great food and drink. We combine comfort and style with a relaxed atmosphere in a building that dates back, in part, to as early as 1520 AD. We serve Traditional pub food with an exciting twist.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in as curious I’ve past it before many times, had a couple of starters as very warm that day and they didn’t disappoint along with the team and the decor, so much care has been given to the pub. Nice little touches like gin menu and wine shop, love the huge tables and the kids area “the shire” I hope the local love and value this pub I would love to have near me

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Three Horsehoes has a special meaning in our family as my Mum and Grandparents lived the cottage which was attached to the pub . We were visiting today after cycling from Colchester and were ready for a break. I hadn't been inside for several years and I was pleased to see how the interior had been renovated without loosing any of its traditional charm. The menu offered lots of Gluten free options including fish and chips , which anyone who is GF will tell you is like the holy trail. Sadly I didn't fancy my chances of cycling home after a big meal so instead I went for a BLT served in a GF roll with a side salad and delicious dressing. The BLT was very good but it was surpassed by the Lemon posset with meringue and raspberry sorbet that I had for dessert. It was amazing, a good sized portion , the posset was light and creamy with just the right amount of lemon and the sorbet went with it perfectly. I ate it as slowly as possible to make it last! All in all its a lovely pub, plenty of places to sit and nice child friendly garden. It also has free dog biscuits and towels to clean up your dog after a walk. The staff were very friendly and the toilets were immaculate. My only regret is that I forgot to take a photo of the dessert!

TheGuvnor F, General Manager at The Three Horseshoes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We were delighted to hear your feedback and we hope to see you again next time you're passing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very warm welcome, Good choice of food and snacks and very helpful finding me gluten free option, Good choice of beers and ales. Charming gardens and attentive staff. looking forward to visiting again.

Hi there,

Thank you for your review of The Three Horseshoes. Its great to hear feedback on how we are doing.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booker this pub as a fathers day treat for my dad, brother, nephew, husband and mum. They couldn't be any more accommodating as I had to change the booking a couple of times.
Great warm greeting, lovely decor, staff very helpful. Lots of decent vegetarian options for my brother rather then the standard nutloaf or veggie pasta!
Mum and dad thoroughly enjoyed their Sunday roast, my Sea Breem was amazing, and husbands double stack burger was fantastic. We all commented that the menu had a great variety to choose from without it becoming too over bearing. Some restaurants give you too many choices. All cooked fresh, and homemade. Great portion size too.

We will definitely return, seeing as my parents now live just 5 mins up the road.

Thank you.

Thank you for your lovely review of your experience with us.
We really appreciate your feedback and will continue to strive to provide great service and food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a nice Sunday lunch here, with pretty good service. The food was good, although I think with a little more effort could be excellent. Nice friendly people and lovely pub decor - will definitely visit again.

Thank you for your feedback on your experience with us at The Shoes. We hope to see you again soon.