All reviewsgolf breakpro shopgolf societyround of golfsingle roomsea viewlovely hotelfamily roomsunday carverycooked to perfectiontea and coffee making facilitiesvisit skegnesstown centresea frontbreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastcouldn't fault
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Four friends and I stayed at the North Shore Golf Hotel from 25-28 May and played golf every day. It isn't a luxury hotel, but is smart, clean, tidy and provided everything we needed with no complaints. The quality of the golf course, food and service are simply more important than a glamorous room.

The course was in absolutely fantastic condition in every regard; the fairways were beautiful, the greens rolled true and there was sand in bunkers! We all know how often our home club bunkers have stones, mud or anything but sand in them, so even that was a treat.

The chef got a gold star for rising to the challenge of producing two boiled eggs with runny yolks and cooked whites – I joke not, I’ve been to a lot of hotels this year around the country and I’m not kidding, this seems to be a dying skill – let me say though, that over all the choice, ingredients, menu and quality of the food at every sitting was exceptional. Each of us found every meal to be produced with care and to a tremendous standard and the experience was only enhanced further by the helpful, friendly and professional staff. Thank you Kate.

The hotel is quiet – we had no disturbances through the night – and across the board we found the attitude of staff and customer service to be a delight.

I am not a ‘holidayer’ and as I have no family I don’t normally have a reason to travel, other than for work. This was a much needed break for me and I really needed to make the most of the few days away with a peaceful and stress-free weekend.

The whole experience was super and we will inevitably find ourselves back there at some point I’m sure. Thank you to everyone that made it a great weekend for us.

Room Tip: Golf course, food and service are more important than a glamorous room.
2  Thank RDanson
General_Manager_NSH, General Manager at North Shore Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Amazing feedback !!! thank you ever so much, your comments have been passed on to all concerned, it has been mentioned many times recently that the course is in the best condition that it has ever been so credit to the Head groundsman Brett and his team,

We look forward to you returning in the future,

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We were booked in for one night and were put in the lodge, ("with golf course views") which was actually on the golf course, as opposed to in the actual hotel (it was a converted Pro shop apparently). The room was dark and dingy, damp and smelly. Very dated furniture and bathroom. Old wooden wardrobe only tall enough for shirts or trousers, a foot too short for dresses. The final straw of our 15 minutes' stay was listening to the men in the room next door going to the toilet through the paper-thin walls. At £89 per night, without breakfast, it was a dreadful rip off. Staff very helpful in giving us a quick refund as no other rooms available in the main hotel (which also looked very tired and in need of some tlc but to be fair, we didn't stay long enough to check this out properly).

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, we apologise that we did not live up to your expectations and that you did not give us the chance to demonstrate our true capabilities to you, as you are aware we are a golfing hotel although everybody is more than welcome,

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Firstly, for the management, I want to recognize that one of our party has already given you feedback on a form.

I have been to the hotel before when it was still a best western, but enjoyed the golf course and my golf partner on that weekend had agreed that we should bring back a larger group.

Upon arrival, we were made to feel welcome and helped as we had arrived very early. reception was able to ensure that we could check in slightly earlier than the 2 p.m. standard by getting housekeeping to prepare 2 of the 5 rooms. This meant that we could play an additional round of golf that afternoon.

One of our party has food allergies and therefore needed special dietary requirements which were met without quibble by the chef and this made the weekend stress free and again, made all of the party feel welcome.

The reception, bar staff, catering staff and indeed everyone we came into contact with was extremely pleasant and helpful and made our weekend one to remember.

The golf course itself is in immaculate condition at the moment although if 1 more of my balls ends up in a gorse bush I am not going to be happy...I doubt if there's much the course management can do about the wind or my wayward shots though so I guess I'll have to suck that up.

All of the party that I had arranged to come who actually did come have commented that the hotel and the food were all great and they are very pleased that we went there. We were planning another golf trip by the time that we left the site which is some indication of the good time had by all.

Some small points in that the water pressure throughout Skegness never seems great, though I was able to get a satisfactory shower, I knew it was never going to be like my one at home.

Some of the decor seems a little dated, and perhaps an update would be useful in some parts of the hotel.

We would all like to congratulate the staff and management on achieving an excellent experience for everyone who visited certainly in our group this weekend. Thank you.

1  Thank Stuart B

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback and it was a pleasure to meet your party, we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with and we hope you return soon,

Kindest of Regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Annual visit to the east coast for some golf, 16 of us. Stayed here many times. Warm, friendly hotel, good choice of menu, nice well equipped rooms.. Great customer focus. Always a pleasure. Looking forward to next year, already booked.

Room Tip: 3 Lodge rooms available in the grounds...
1  Thank niblick2017

What great feedback many thanks, the team are delighted that we delivered to your requirements and we look forward to seeing you next year,

Reviewed 21 May 2017

This is a beautiful hotel, the staff were so friendly. The lady on reception who checked us in and out the next day was extra nice. (sorry, didn't get her name).
I am surprised people are complaining about golfers when this is clearly a golfing hotel. We didn't play golf, but they were not an issue of any kind. We played some pool in the games room and were given a warm and friendly service by all. The food was beautiful. Will defo be staying again.
The only downsides to mention were I asked for a takeaway cup for my tea and didn't get one. And we weren't told if there was any wifi etc.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clair Louise B

Many thanks for your comments, your kind words have been forwarded to the team, as you state yes we are a golfing hotel but everyone is more than welcome to visit North Shore, so we look forward to your return,