All reviews indian menu no lift lovely hotel gibraltar point large bathroom pudding town centre quiet location one night stay good nights sleep visit skegness great weekend full english wedding toni piggy lincolnshire
Reviewed 19 April 2016

My family have been staying at The Vine hotel regularly for 35 years, this time we stayed for one night only due to a family funeral. The Vine is one of the oldest buildings in the area and the decor used to reflect this, oak panelling in the reception and bar areas gave a sense of history and the rooms were always subtley and tastefully decorated. Not any more! The new decor is garish and out of character with the building, our room was decorated in vivid pink and all the furniture had been sprayed silver. The reception area and restaurant reminded me of a 1980s Indian restaurant! The hotel's saving grace however was the food, as good, if not better than before everything we had to eat during our brief stay was faultless. I'm sure we will be back but I'll just have to hope that next time we don't get the pink and silver room.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan_Galaxy
bestwesternv, Front Office Manager at Best Western Vine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2016

Thank you for your recent review, your comments have been passed onto the team. Please telephone when you wish to visit again and we will endeavour to make sure you are given a different room.
Kind regards

Reviewed 18 April 2016

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
bestwesternv, Front Office Manager at Best Western Vine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

Recently visited with a group of friends. Good service however a little slow hence the 4 stars not 5, great atmosphere the food was excellent and plentiful. Lovely local place to eat or for a quiet drink. Will definitely be returning again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
bestwesternv, Front Office Manager at Best Western Vine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your meal. I am sorry that you found the service slow but we produce good food as quickly as possible and this can vary during busy periods. We look forward to welcoming you again for the 5th star!

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

We have been to this hotel for many meals; their curries are the best in Skegness and now I can say that Sunday lunch is the best in Skegness.
The menu is a three course option, and we just went for mains. There was a really good choice of starters and mains, but puddings were limited and I think I could've been tempted!
We chose a turkey dinner and a less traditional Thai curry. I cannot fault the quality of either. The curry was fragrant, fresh, and packed a punch with beautifully cooked vegetables. The turkey dinner came with an array of veg served separately. This was cooked to perfection and beautifully seasoned.
Portion size was good too, especially the turkey dinner, and our plates went back clean!
This meal was served in lovely, serene surroundings which made for a relaxing and laid back Sunday lunch. Our waitress was friendly and really helpful too; in fact all the staff seem nice. I can't wait to return!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Leann C

Thank you for your lovely comments, we are pleased you enjoyed your Sunday lunch and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

There for my sisters wedding so did not want to cause a fuss but £90 per night was not worth it. Room 3 called a luxury kingsize suite..... there was nothing luxury about the room and it was not a suite room 1 is a suite. The room was tired and dirty the toilet seat was faulty the taps wouldn't turn off properly. The heated towel rail would not switch off it was roasting so the window was open all the time but the room was at the side of a a function room balcony and above aircon units and above the kitchen so very noisy . I went in 3 guest rooms and all had problems with dirt. On the plus the food was great at the wedding and the night reception. Overall very dissapointed and will be writing to the hotel and best western. They say free internet but most guests could not get on it is so weak. Phone signal terrible although not their fault to be fair.lovely staff but not once asked if all was well.

Stayed: April 2016
bestwesternv, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Vine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

In response to your comments with regard to Room 3, which is in fact a Luxury King Bedroom not a Suite. Firstly, I would like to apologise for your unfortunate experience here at The Vine, and would like to take this opportunity to assure you that this is not of our usual standard. The issues you raised have now been addressed, and procedures have been re-enforced within our Housekeeping Department to ensure that there is no re-occurrence of this isolated incident. With regard to the poor Internet, I can only apologise but we are in fact in the process of having the whole system being updated and upgraded to eliminate this issue within the Hotel. I would however, like to thank you for your comments with regard to the food and the actual wedding reception your comments will be passed onto the staff. Once again please accept my sincere apologies

Kind Regards