“Excellent service”

Four Oaks
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Visited today for a family celebration. Really nice environment and lovely food, topped off with excellent service from Sarah F who was brilliant when one of our party arrived late. Will definitely visit again

fouroaks2017, Manager at Four Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Hello familygWiltshire,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a 5* review, I shall pass on your comments to the rest of the team especially our lovely Sarah!

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We decided to have lunch here after reading about it in the local paper and so pleased we did.
Food ordered at the bar, not much choice of draught lager today (possibly carbon dioxide problems??) didn't cause us problems though
The fish and chips I had was lovely, with a really tangy tartare sauce, Hubby had the slow roasted belly pork which he really enjoyed. .Average pub prices I would say.Not huge portions but adequate especially as I fancied a dessert to celebrate our anniversary (I didn't really need an excuse!!) Summer sundae was lovely, other half had the warm chocolate fudge cake with cream and he enjoyed this too.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, I asked if they were dog friendly as was stated in the paper and the waitress was very enthusiastic as I explained 1 of our daughters was always looking for somewhere to go with their fur baby.
Overall a very enjoyable lunch and home just in time for OH to watch this afternoon's match.
Hopefully it will come up trumps when daughter visits with pooch.

Hello TCandAC,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a detailed review!
I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and food with us!

Hope to see you guys soon,

Reviewed 28 June 2018

After having a quite passable sunday lunch here we rebooked for an evening meal.
We arrived early for our 1845 booking and were put in a large and chilly conservatory being told that this was the only available seating. When our waitress returned my partner politely explained that we would have to leave because it would be too cold to enjoy the meal. We were then directed to another table by the bar. ordered the Steak Pie and a rare Steak. When the food arrived the steak was well done. The steak was replaced with a rare one with little fuss but none of the béarnaise sauce got topped up. The pie was average and the braised cabbage was just lukewarm.

Hey frankiedred,

I am awfully sorry that your visit was not up to standard this time, I will pass on your comments to the kitchen.

I do hope that you can pop back soon and give us another chance to prove things right,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We booked 7.30 no beef left only 3 or 4 tables taken ordered roast pork came meat had been dried up Yorkshire puds dried up not able to cut food swimming in gravy crackling and apple unrecognisable. I was starving so ate what l could. Took most home for dogs.had we been told that the roasts were finished we would have happily ordered something else. Our waitress was good very pleasant. I did not complain at the time because l was being treated. I may go back and try it again but it will be a very long time before l order a roast dinner.

2  Thank Merry H

Hey Merry H,

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your visit with us on Sunday.
I will pass on your comments to the kitchen but please in the future do let us know if there is anything wrong at the time so that we can get it sorted as soon as possible and get you a new meal.

I hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Took my fiancee for a birthday meal and it was not only delicious but the service was fantastic. Specifically a young girl (Georgia - we think) who was polite and talkative. Would go again for any occasion

fouroaks2017, Manager at Four Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Hey mrlongworth,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us on such a special occasion and thank you for choosing us to celebrate it with you!
I will pass on your comments to Georgia who will be delighted to hear your review about her.

Hope to see you again soon,