“Not impressed”

Verdo Lounge
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Verdo Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've been vegetarian for a few months and thought I'd seek out a local eatery that catered for this. I skimmed through reviews on trip advisor and they seemed mostly positive.

Sadly any positivity ended there. We ordered drinks first, the beer we ordered had an odd taste and was fairly lifeless in terms of fizz, the double malibu and coke I ordered for my mum was also flat and we could barely taste the malibu.

Then came the food, I had high hopes for the jackfruit burger but again they didn't last. It looked ok but once I took a bite my anticipation turned to disappointment. Bland is an understatement, I couldn't even see the cheese yet alone taste it, the garlic mayo was absent without leave as was the red onion, leaving me with a faint hint of barbecue sauce to enhance the flavourless mush of a patty that was the jackfruit.

The pièce de résistance was the in house "slaw", consisting mostly of dry, bland shreds of warm red cabbage, with nary a hint of any sauce, seriously?

The super hero burger my brother ordered was similarly bland and ridiculously over priced at £12.95 which really didn't have much more of a filling. Onions rings once again, bland, I've had far tastier frozen Aunt Bessies. Literally the only nice part were the fries, and you barely get any.

On top of all this the service was poor, the waitress was like a robot when she took the order and served the food, "enjoy the food" she said in a monotone and couldn't care less tone. Not once were we asked at any point if we were ok.

So to conclude, terrible food and overpriced. Definitely will never be going back.

verdolounge, Manager at Verdo Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I am very sorry that things were not to your satisfaction when you visited us. We do try and make sure that everyone has an enjoyable experience when they visit us but clearly on this occasion we have missed the mark and by some way it seems.
We do take your comments very seriously and will take them on board and endeavor to be better next time.

Regards,

Team Verdo

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

have been here twice recently, they have a separate gluten free menu with an extensive range of choice for meat eaters and veggies.
light airy pleasant staff well worth a visit

Hiya 930juditha, Thank you for taking the time to leave us these kind words. We do try and really appreciate it when people notice! We look forward to seeing you again! Thanks again Team Verdo

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a relaxed and chilled place. Great bar. Tapas dishes are interesting and varied. Always have a good time here and staff are engaged and welcoming.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We have been using this place since it opened, but hadn't been recently. We had brunch on Monday and returned today. Both days the food was served quickly and was well cooked. We like that they welcome dogs, even though we have no dogs ourselves.
You can relax and read the papers. Staff are nice. Good menu.

verdolounge, General Manager at Verdo Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Hiya Ballyset, Thank you for taking the time to leave us these kind words. We do try and really appreciate it when people notice! We look forward to seeing you again! Thanks again Team Verdo

Reviewed 7 June 2018

This place is great for an evening wind down, they have a good selection of drinks and the food is really good, very cosy family friendly place where you can relax and have a good natter!

Hiya Mr_Kadi, Thank you for taking the time to leave us these kind words. We do try and really appreciate it when people notice! We look forward to seeing you again! Thanks again Team Verdo