“Meal for one”
Review of Bare Grills

Ranked #15 of 284 Restaurants in Taunton
Price range: US$9 - US$46
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Never been to this, of ( if it is chain ) any other Bare Grills. Weirdly, it was empty but they put me on a small table - in the window. Felt a bit conscious that I was on full show. Anyway, within 20 mins - it was packed, so no wonder i had to sit on a small table. Good service, in particular, by Lauren ( who signed the receipt with a smiley face :) ). She asked me of I ever been here before and when I said no, she explained the menu and what did / didn’t come as standard. Ordered the Bare Grill burger and curly fries - with a strawberry milkshake. Surprisingly, it came up rather quick - but it was hot and well cooked. Thoroughly enjoyed it - such a big burger, but I managed it all. I was asked, after a couple of minutes, if everything was okay - which is was. After eating, Lauren approached me and asked if I wanted a dessert - but far too full, so she offered me the bill. I will say, that this value for money and good service, especially as it got really busy. If you are further fan, or like grilled meat ( steaks etc ) - then I would recommend.

1  Thank Brent M
Leon C, Manager at Bare Grills, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hey Brent,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review! its much appreciated.

Usually, if quiet, we try to seat guests on larger tables, booths if we can, but like you said, we get busy quite quickly so this is not alway possible!
I'm glad to hear you received great service from Lauren, ill pass the comments onto her!

The Bare Grill burger is one our more popular ones, its huge isn't it!? Im glad you enjoyed it all!

We hope top se you again in the near future!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I must report the first time coming to this place for my husband's birthday was terrible and it took us over a year before we went back again. knowing that one of the chefs changed we decided to try it again and glad we did. The food was amazing we have been back 3 times.
The only downside is the waiting staff are not always that friendly or you get 2/3 different servers on the night in which I would rather just have 1 person serving my table.
Will still be going back back to slowly work through the menu.

Leon C, Manager at Bare Grills, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hey Suzy!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

We appreciate you deciding to give us another try after your bad experience. Im glad to hear the food was amazing, you will definitely have to come and work your way through the menu!

Thank you for the feedback on the service; I am personally working with the front of house team to have them wait on their own tables so this doesn't happen. I hope the next time you visit you will see an improvement!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Was really looking forward to this meal as me and my partner love a good meal in the steak house and of course the reviews were raving!
We arrived hour early, which was not a problem. It was fairly busy and as we were not in a rush and also menu stated that food is cooked to order, we expected to be there for a while. We ordered one starter to share as we were starving- halloumi fries, which were good. But not long after arrived our mains, which were big. My patner's T-bone was cooked 3 different ways - bottom was well done, middle - medim and top - rare (what he asked for). Nedless to say he was disappointed. I ordered ribs of specials - they were cooked to perfection and so were the chips with specific seasonig, yet general seasoning was lacking and the peace of ribs was huge! I barely ate half. Now I understood why most of the tables had doggy bags - I was offered one. I declined.
So our meal was over in 30 minutes. Way too quick for Saturday night. After so much food I was barely hungry next morning. Would say that portions should be cut in half, at least for those ribs.

Leon C, Manager at Bare Grills, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hey Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

As we are a very small restaurant and get fully booked very quick, i'm glad to hear that the staff were actually able to seat you an hour early.
All of our food is cooked to order; we have very well trained chefs, and unless you are ordering a well done steak, there is nothing on our menu that takes that long to cook at all.

As the menu clearly states, we do not in fact serve starters. We serve sides and nibbles that you can order whilst you wait for your food to arrive.

I'm sorry to hear the steak was not coked how it should be, this is not the level of quality we expect. If you had mentioned this in the restaurant or when your server checked back, we could have either cooked you another steak (which wouldn't have been too long seen as though it was supposed to have been cooked rare) or if you did not want to wait, we would have taken this meal off the bill.

I'm glad to hear your ribs were cooked too perfection. We do in fact serve a full rack of ribs and a half rack, so if the full was too much for you personally, I'd recommend going for the half.

We do offer doggy bags and large portions as we don't want our guests leaving still feeling hungry! Here at Bare Grills we are all about good quality food, served quick and lots of it!
This is something our guests praise us on but i'm sorry to hear that it wasn't for you.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Six of us visited for a birthday - Staff were friendly, the menu was really varied and everything sounded yummy. I'm not a veggie, but one of the veggie options sounded so good I ended up ordering it (with a side of pulled pork just in case). Seriously couldn't finish it - although it was delicious - ended up taking a doggy bag home with me.

Good gluten free options and all of us had a damn good feed with drinks for about £18.00 per head (and trust me, we didn't scrimp on the food or drinks). Would recommend!

Leon C, Manager at Bare Grills, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Hey Becky!

Thank you for the 5* review!
Im glad the staff all made you feel welcome!

Im going to guess you had the NOC? It is delicious and we have a lot of non veggie guests going for this dish!
The portion sizes here at bare grills are great and i'm happy to hear that you didn't leave feeling still hungry!!

Thanks again for the review. We hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Very friendly service, that wasn't over the top or intrusive. Food was amazing, especially as I am gluten intolerant and I pretty much had all the same choices as everyone else, other than having a gluten free bun.

Leon C, Manager at Bare Grills, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Hey Brian!

Thanks for the 5* review.
We pride ourselves on not limiting those who are gluten free so i'm glad to hear the food was amazing for you. |As for the gluten free bun, as we don't use them as often as our normal buns, we end up throwing too much away. So for your next visit, when you book if you let us know you are gluten free we can order some in for you especially; or if you find some gluten free bread you really like, you are more than welcome to bring your own in and our chefs will make your burger using it!

I hope this helps!