“Meal out with friends”

Ranked #9 of 307 Restaurants in Darlington
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Duke Bombay Cafe welcomes you to taste, true and authentic cuisine taken from all across India, emerging unique flavours and sort after ingredients, with our expert culinary skills to make your dining experience within a rustic and antique atmosphere, pleasurable and entertaining.
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Booked on line think our booking had been lost got a table in reception which wasn’t great
As soon as we sat down waiter asked if we wanted poppadoms there was only two of us at table at this point friends hadn’t arrived yet
When they arrived we ordered drinks felt service very rushed
We ordered mixtures of foods on the whole very good apart from my partners who ordered a chicken curry cooked with onions and spinach can’t recall the name he said it was awful I’m fact left over half of it
Toilets very poor one male and female toilet not enough and they need a makeover desperately
Service not great
I and my two friends enjoyed our meal
Won’t be returning anytime soon

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank conquest123

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Been here a few times over the last few months , with family and a friend who had just come over from Australia- we couldn't get into the Pizzeria across the road so as sh likes her spicy food thought we would give it a go . The most impressive thing were the starters - which were divine , cooked really well , the portions are large however and after filling up on the these we struggled with the main courses and had to leave a lot of food . There are a lot of lamb dishes so if you like slow cooked or tandoori lamb this is the place for you .

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Nicola G
Reviewed 21 July 2018

This is my favourite curry place in Darlington and have never been disappointed with the service or food.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

I'm not a vegatarian but my friend is, I decided to share a vegetarian dinner with her at this restaurant. What a good callthe staff were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. They even offered to "bespoke" some of the dishes to meet our needs. The food was of excellent quality and taste. I will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

First time we have been to this restaurant. The meal was really nice. The service was excellent and the price was reasonable. If we ever visit Darlington again we will definately make a return visit to this reataurant.