Open today: 11:00 - 16:00
Review Highlights
Tour de France in Wine

Hi Cecile, one word to describe Sunday “Perfection”. You were absolutely fantastic and we all... read more

Reviewed 10 March 2018
rupert941
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Cheese and wine pairings

Absolutely brillant event. If you are a wine lover like me it is a must.. ..attended with wife and... read more

Reviewed 11 February 2018
darrylh524
Poole, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews wine and food pairing guildhall tavern fabulous evening knowledge celine session learning information educational fun
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I recently attended a wine tasting event and have to say I was totally enthralled listening to Cecile discuss recognising 'old world' vs 'new world' wines. Cecile's passion for her subject is clear and from the heart. She held the room in the palm of her hand and made sure that everyone felt involved and at ease.

Should I ever consider hosting a client evening I would 100% make that call to Hampshire Wine School - a real education, thanks.

Great evening, great speaker, great wine!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank gh7463
Reviewed 17 August 2017

My husband and I have been to 2 wine tastings with Cecile - one pairing Spanish wines with food and the other Sauvignon Blancs from around the world.

On both occasions we have had an absolute blast whilst learning lots about what we were drinking. As someone who loves wine but worries about tastings being snobby or non-inclusive I didn't have anything to worry about. I also loved that the wines we tasted ranged in price but were all totally affordable.

We were seated in the lovely private room of the Guildhall Tavern (who also deserve a shout out for being highly accommodating and friendly) and it gave us a change to have a chat and a laugh whilst learning all about the wines we were tasting.

Cecile is full of knowledge and passion for wine and makes learning an absolute joy. She wants everyone to feel a part of the session and you are welcomed to ask questions and share your ideas.

We will absolutely be back for some of the other sessions as each time we learn something new!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank dorsetbelle2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Fabulous evening with 12 other novices/near novices: all guided towards learning about tasting and what we taste..
A great evening, excellent educator and all done with such fun...

HUGE thanks.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Sam D
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We received a gift voucher from our son as a present to attend Cecile Bergart wine tasting event.
It was very interesting and enjoyable evening with an amazing amount of interesting facts on the grape, climate and composition on wine and how it is produced, a marvellous insight giving a sense of appreciation for fine wines.
Cecile made the evening fun packed with her very vibrant personality a lot of fun !
We would definitely like to go to another tasting event.
Carole and Tony

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank Carole L
Reviewed 18 March 2017

6 great reasons why I loved the wine tasting day.

Cecile ran a really positive and upbeat wine tasting/learning experience. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone in the Bournemouth/ Poole area who considers themselves to be a bit of a "foodie" with a love for wine.

I'm highly likely to book more wine tasting experiences with Cecile, for the following reasons... (but mainly because of point 6)

I like wine. Cecile serves really nice wine.

I met some really interesting, funny and sociable people. A great way to broaden your social circle.

The food provided by the venue (Guildhall Tavern) was excellent, so it had all the makings for a great day out.

I now understand why I like the wine I do, and why I don't like wine I don't. This now means I'm less likely to waste money on wine I don't like in the future (Every bottle's a gamble right?)

Cecile delivered the information in a really engaging way, and I hung on every word. That's quite impressive as Cecile crammed a huge amount of information into the time spent together.

What I learned today now means I can buy better wine, for less money. Even if I hated everything about the day (Which I didn't), I am now financially better off over a 12 month period. I'll spend less money on better champagnes for special occasions, I'll serve really great red wines at BBQ's and parties in the summer, and I can pick up better alternatives to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, which has been my go to white wine for a while now.

This is wine deconstructed. It's not pretentious. It's a really interesting, fun day out and it's great value for money.

Thanks Cecile, see you again soon!

Date of experience: March 2017