“Wine Tasting Event”

Hampshire Wine School
Ranked #1 of 1 Events in Poole
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A very warm welcome to Hampshire Wine School - an independent wine education company, not affiliated to any wine merchants or retailers. We run fun Wine, Champagne, Beer, Port, Gin & Tonic and Whisky Tastings and Wine & Food Pairing Courses in HAMPSHIRE (with venues in Southampton and Winchester) and NOW in DORSET (in Poole) for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. We also run professional staff training, corporate evenings, team building days and fun private events, as well as hen parties and stag dos. GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE from only £25, with FREE p&p and NO EXPIRY DATE. The perfect present, beautifully presented!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We received a gift voucher from our son as a present to attend Cecile Bergart wine tasting event.
It was very interesting and enjoyable evening with an amazing amount of interesting facts on the grape, climate and composition on wine and how it is produced, a marvellous insight giving a sense of appreciation for fine wines.
Cecile made the evening fun packed with her very vibrant personality a lot of fun !
We would definitely like to go to another tasting event.
Carole and Tony

"educational"
"fun"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 18 March 2017

6 great reasons why I loved the wine tasting day.

Cecile ran a really positive and upbeat wine tasting/learning experience. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone in the Bournemouth/ Poole area who considers themselves to be a bit of a "foodie" with a love for wine.

I'm highly likely to book more wine tasting experiences with Cecile, for the following reasons... (but mainly because of point 6)

I like wine. Cecile serves really nice wine.

I met some really interesting, funny and sociable people. A great way to broaden your social circle.

The food provided by the venue (Guildhall Tavern) was excellent, so it had all the makings for a great day out.

I now understand why I like the wine I do, and why I don't like wine I don't. This now means I'm less likely to waste money on wine I don't like in the future (Every bottle's a gamble right?)

Cecile delivered the information in a really engaging way, and I hung on every word. That's quite impressive as Cecile crammed a huge amount of information into the time spent together.

What I learned today now means I can buy better wine, for less money. Even if I hated everything about the day (Which I didn't), I am now financially better off over a 12 month period. I'll spend less money on better champagnes for special occasions, I'll serve really great red wines at BBQ's and parties in the summer, and I can pick up better alternatives to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, which has been my go to white wine for a while now.

This is wine deconstructed. It's not pretentious. It's a really interesting, fun day out and it's great value for money.

Thanks Cecile, see you again soon!

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Despite a mishap with the venue details on the website we had a fantastic evening learning the basics of pairing wines with foods using Spanish wines. Everyone in the room genuinely learned a lot and Cecile's knowledge is very impressive. Overall, very good value

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 22 September 2016

What a fabulous evening.something really different and Cecile is a real character, full of passion and knowledge. I have learnt a lot about old and new world wine and will definitely book again on a wine and food pairing course. Fabulous! :)

Date of experience: September 2016