“Dreadful Coffee”

The Kitchen Poole Park
Ranked #150 of 388 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Description: Situated at the heart of Poole's historic park, The Kitchen occupies an impressive glass-fronted building with stunning views across the UK's largest inland saltwater lake. A breathtaking location combined with contemporary styling and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere create a welcoming setting. The Kitchen is perfect for a quick lunch and leisurely lounging and serves the very best of British classics and comfort food favourites along with handmade pizzas cooked in our clay oven. To make our snacks and meals, our chefs use the finest ingredients, many locally sourced from family-run artisan producers. Our all-day menu and daily specials are inspired by the changing British seasons. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and post-work drinks and snacks. Next door, Scoops Ice Cream Parlour serves a mouth-watering selection of finest quality Roskilly's Cornish ice cream and sweet treats, accompanied by hot and cold drinks and freshly made shakes.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Called in for a drink after walking around the park, should have read reviews first! It should have been heaving at lunch time in this weather but wasn't. We ordered two medium americano coffees with hot skimmed milk. They came, very hot which I like, then it all went downhill. I had a sip of the 'coffee' and it tasted of absolutely nothing (and that's from someone who usually requests hot water as it can be too strong for me). I've never returned coffee, in any establishment, but wasn't prepared to drink this as it was awful. I got up to return both cups and the man, front of house (South African?) came up very swiftly to ask if it was OK, I told him no, it wasn't good. I said we'd just have tea as I thought another coffee wouldn't be any different (so it was very overpriced tea, but that was our choice). However, when walking away from the table with the tray he called out for a pot of tea for 2 for table 4 and this was met with quizzical looks from the girls behind the counter, he said 'they don't like our blend'! I'm not sure what there was not to like as we didn't taste a blend of anything! Having worked as a manager in retail for years, first rule, never discuss a complaint within earshot of your customer, apologise and check back later to see if everything is OK and when they leave and you're stood at the side of them acknowledge them and say thank you. It's common courtesy! I so wanted to give some constructive criticism as we left but the same man came to clear the table and completely ignored us, so this wasn't an option. I never leave bad reviews on here, if things are resolved to a satisfactory level, but on this occasion I felt the response was rude. If you pay for inferior coffee here, please return it and they may decide to buy in a different 'blend', Having read other reviews on here I believe you have a lot of work to do, which is a shame. You have wonderful surroundings and lots of potential/return customers, but you need them to want to come back, it's good business sense!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

A group of about thirty booked this lovely venue for an annual celebration dinner.
The manager, Clare, was keen to make the day memorable and listened to our requirements and concerns.
The day itself went smoothly with dedicated young waiting staff giving 100% effort with true professionalism.Not a ,"There you go, enjoy your meal" was heard.
Food was prepared to a high standard and presented well.The new twist to deserts was much appreciated by us all.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

We visited The Kitchen in Poole Park during the Poole Race Festival. We were disappointed that it was not open when the races started.

It is a lovely location, sitting outside watching the movement on the lake and the trains was very relaxing.

We had the bacon bap, latte and tap water.The service was very friendly service but although it was almost empty as it had just opened and that there were three staff members on duty it took over 20 minutes for the food and drinks to arrive. Fortunately we did not miss the finish of the race.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Visited this place on discovery by our walk around Poole park. I had the falafel and halloumi salad which was very delicious and filling. The views are beautiful and the lovely sunshine meant we could sit outside right by the lake.
The staff were very polite and great at their job highest recommendations for this gem of a place and it definitely caters for all.
Thank you for the lovely experience we will be back.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Went for lunch yesterday. It has a good view and a table for 10 had been reserved for us. Two things disappointing. First, the burgers were very average and had no texture and little taste. The buns were nothing special white rolls and the burger could have come from a local burger van. The "mexican" burger just had sour cream, tortilla chips and some flavorless guacamole. No spicy taste to it so not really mexican at all. Second was the drips from the air conditioning units positioned just so the condensation collecting on the corner of the unit dropped onto the edge of the table, or my head as I leaned over, or onto the plate if it was near the edge. Poor building design.

The chips were nice.

I would not go there again.