“Delicious!!!”

Ranked #3 of 386 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Situated in the heart of Penn Hill, we are fish & chip specialists - the Capel family are well known for serving some of the best fish, chips & seafood in the South. We have the usual favourites of Cod & Haddock, as well as daily specials such as Fresh Skate Wing & Lemon Sole. We have an extensive vegetarian menu, a children's menu plus Gluten free food always available on request. We have a licensed seating area for you to enjoy a glass of wine or beer with your meal & we have an Express lunch menu Tues - Sat. Phone orders, special requests & reservations are always welcome. Our mission is to please you - Eat fish be happy!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I moved to the area a couple of months ago and have been hunting down the best chippie since. Delighted that Nick The Fish is close by (and on Deliveroo!!) -
The food is delicious, I've never had cod so fresh and flaky, I was delighted. The chips were also cooked perfectly, fluffy inside with a delicious golden outer. I'm hungry just thinking about them again. Also, best mushy peas I've ever had. I'll need to come in for a cooking lesson I think ;)

nickcapel1, Owner at Nick The Fish, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Tamsyn ...thank you so much for your great review. we are glad you like what we do and hope to see you soon
best wishes Nick

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I have been ordering food from Nick the Fish since they opened and I am just sorry it has taken me so long to write this review.

Having been a longstanding customer of a Fish and Chip shop closer to where I live which people say is the best I wasn't sure about trying somewhere new. I didn't think my regular place could be beaten but I tried NtF and I am so glad I did as the food is just outstanding! The fish is the best quality, lovely white meaty, moist and flaky cod with batter to die for. I have friends over and we order a small cone of chips to share as this is enough for two. The food is always delivered carefully wrapped and packaged and still hot. The batter doesn't suffer for travelling either and it arrives just as crisp as it is from the fryer.

Nick The Fish may I congratulate you on your service, delivery and above all the quality of your fish and chips.

2  Thank Jacqueline E
nickcapel1, Owner at Nick The Fish, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Jacqueline E, thank you so much for your fantastic review we are glad you like what we do and hope to see you soon !
best wishes Nick.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We were just passing Nick the Fish and feeling quite hungry. So lucky as it was the best fish and chips that we have had. We decided to eat in and just ordered one regular cod and chips. They were happy to provide 2 plates and there was plenty. The fish was so fresh and well cooked.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Starter was unexpected, but absolutely beautiful. The main courses were just outstanding. Would fully recommend this restaurant/take away deserves at least one visit if not more.

1  Thank Peter B
nickcapel1, Owner at Nick The Fish, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Peter B .. thank you so much for your brilliant review and taking the time to post food pics, we are glad you enjoyed our complimentary starter.
best wishes Nick

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I echo other reviews on the quality of the food. I ate in and had haddock with chips and mushy peas. The peas deserve a special mention because they were traditional style - very runny and very tasty. So many places now serve dried up green mush with mint! Decor is pleasant, staff are friendly and the place had a great vibe. I also loved the chalk board announcing the provenance of the cod (Iceland) and the potatoes used for the chips.

nickcapel1, Owner at Nick The Fish, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Bro44..thank you so much for your brilliant review, we are glad you like what we do and hope to see you soon
best wishes Nick.