“Average”

Ranked #296 of 382 Restaurants in Poole
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Usually know what we are getting here. Mediocre food which does not resemble close to the quality that would be given in a restaurant with half the quality in Mexico. This southern americas style eatery is just a shy representation of what it could be. As an example today I ordered today the ‘ultimate fajitas’ which I was assured is a bigger portion of the usual fish and with more wraps as you only usually get 3 (unbelievable in itself). Well I paid nearly £20 for this dish and it came with the usual 3 fajitas and no more meat than usual. The sauces were also smaller than the usual portion and nothing like the representation in the menu which shows the small bowls of things like sour cream and guacamole! We have also been served in the past their nachos which are usually dry and small. I hope the management or staff try mexico or a Mexican in America. They will open their eyes a bit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We called in after a movie - too hungry to drive home and cook at 8pm. The drinks came out quickly after we ordered - but a little too pricey e.g. Pint of Becks lager and a large red wine £10.60.

We only ordered mains - food was OK and came out fairly quickly. The restaurant soon filled up after we arrived so we must have been lucky not to have to wait too long. Top marks to the servers for keeping up with the orders.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for a meal with my family to be disgusted with the manager behaviour towards a number of customers. Our table were restricted to non alcoholic drink as the manager apparently has the ability to look into someone eyes to dictate whether they have had to much to drink. I have only had one pint! Wouldn’t recommend to anyone would be great had he manager not be so aggressive to customers.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Hadn’t been to this place for a while. I was disappointed to not see the renowned Basil Fawlty still in action there. Nothing wrong with food par mine being slightly cold.
The girl/waitress/manager on till as we arrived was very good but the lass who took over may as well thrown us out the door.Perhaps she had a body art booking to go to, who knows.
I wouldn’t be surprised if she went to the remaining couples table and force fed them
Missed Basil and his meltdowns though. The place lacks him

1  Thank Mrf1oyd
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

We came here through recommendations from friends and so glad we did and didn’t listen to the reviews . Our waiter was called Ben and couldn’t do enough for us I don’t normal mention people but he went out of his way for us and really was on the ball all night . It’s very busy being based on a complex but as long as you don’t mind noise you will enjoy .the only complaint I had was we sat quite close to the front door and was very chilly with people in and out but that can’t be helped really. Food was prompt and very tasty . I will definitely be back again