“Best town centre pub in Ipswich”

Arcade Street Tavern
Ranked #2 of 71 Nightlife in Ipswich
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

2 handpumps, 4 to 8 craft draft beers, hundreds of bottled beers from around the world, many gins, fantastic beer or gin related events such as beer and cheese pairing, great landlords in Ross and Ross, and lovely staff too. Been visiting regularly since they opened a few years ago.

All reviews
"pub"
in 7 reviews
"knowledge"

Reviewed 23 September 2017

This is a fantastic pub. My friends and I come here every Friday and we love it. Staff friendly. Mainly every Friday there is a food stand so you can enjoy something to eat at the same time.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I've been going to the Arcade Street Tavern for a number of years so can't believe I have never written a review praising this brilliant place. They have 2 cask ales, 4 draft beers in the front bar and usually 4 in the back bar (which they'll go and get for you) some of which you don't often see in the UK, an ever changing range of bottles and cans from around the World in the fridges, gin & coffee. On top of this they have Street Food Fridays (weather permitting) with different choices each week such as burgers, pizzas & steaks. They also have tap takeovers, beer & cheese pairing evenings, music nights and gin tasting events (although I've not been to one of these as I am not a gin drinker). Ross & Ross (the owners) and all their staff are friendly and efficient.
I love this place and look forward to going there each time I am in Ipswich which, if you are in town, you must too!

1  Thank Ian_P_67
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

What an awesome night! I was treated to this event for my birthday and would highly recommend. We didn't know what to expect for the beer & cheese pairing night, but I loved it. We were sat with a few strangers on the same table, but were encouraged to make friends and the atmosphere created by Ross the host allowed us to do that easily. The 7 beers selected were all so different, but perfect choices for the cheeses and so much info and knowledge was thrown at us about each one. Who knew drinking 7 (generous servings of) beers could be educational too? The presentation and effort behind the whole evening was superb. I'll definitely be booking on the gin tasting if the beer evening was anything to go by.

2  Thank Karen P
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This is a marvellous pub. Excellent range of drinks, with innovative guest beers and breweries on tap. Surprisingly reasonably priced – getting change out of £10 for two pints of very specialist beer was a welcome surprise – they basically serve what would elsewhere be viewed as unusual and expensive beers at normal pub prices.

The staff were an absolute revelation. Offering advice, going and fetching drinks from the other bar from us when they were not available at the front, bringing beers to our table outside and even giving my four year old son an orange juice for free. It is extremely rare to have experienced service which is anything like this; alas I was only visiting, but if I lived in Ipswich, this would certainly be my local.

1  Thank 39mjh