“Beer & Cheese pairing evening ”

Arcade Street Tavern
Ranked #3 of 71 Nightlife in Ipswich
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

What an awesome night! I was treated to this event for my birthday and would highly recommend. We didn't know what to expect for the beer & cheese pairing night, but I loved it. We were sat with a few strangers on the same table, but were encouraged to make friends and the atmosphere created by Ross the host allowed us to do that easily. The 7 beers selected were all so different, but perfect choices for the cheeses and so much info and knowledge was thrown at us about each one. Who knew drinking 7 (generous servings of) beers could be educational too? The presentation and effort behind the whole evening was superb. I'll definitely be booking on the gin tasting if the beer evening was anything to go by.

2  Thank Karen P
"pub"
in 7 reviews
"knowledge"

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This is a marvellous pub. Excellent range of drinks, with innovative guest beers and breweries on tap. Surprisingly reasonably priced – getting change out of £10 for two pints of very specialist beer was a welcome surprise – they basically serve what would elsewhere be viewed as unusual and expensive beers at normal pub prices.

The staff were an absolute revelation. Offering advice, going and fetching drinks from the other bar from us when they were not available at the front, bringing beers to our table outside and even giving my four year old son an orange juice for free. It is extremely rare to have experienced service which is anything like this; alas I was only visiting, but if I lived in Ipswich, this would certainly be my local.

1  Thank 39mjh
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely little bar in the centre of town! I had a beer that I have only ever found in Brugge and my partner had a g&t, the bar staff were lovely and attentive even though the bar was packed! She even went to get the cucumber herself as it had run out for my partners Hendricks, now that's what you call service! Lovely heaters out side under the archway. Would recommend.

1  Thank Donna B
Reviewed 10 September 2017

As a birthday treat a friend organised a private gin tasting for my daughter's 40th birthday present and I was lucky enough to be included. What a night! Lizzie, our gin host was amazing and made our evening fun and informed. The gins she chose were absolutely wonderful and served to perfection with the right garnishes. I know from a quick work with the organiser that this offered value for money. We all agreed we wanted to do it every week. Thank you Lizzie for being the perfect gin hostess!

1  Thank Alison S