Reviews (1 284)
1 284 results
All reviews spa break spa facilities hunting lodge garden room housing estate steam room swimming pool leisure club cream tea leisure centre the main hotel a bit tired lick of paint evening meal breakfast was buffet style afternoon tea birthday treat
27 - 32 of 1 284 reviews
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Amazing hotel . Staff couldn’t do enough to make my sisters 70th birthday so special .The chef Nathan was brilliant , with food to die for , he even made a vegan birthday cake .
Spend 2 nights at this hotel and can honestly say can’t wait to go back . Thank you to all the staff

Trip type: Travelled with friends
gm_belstead, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear Joanne V On behalf of the team here at Muthu Belstead Brook, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your kind and positive review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and you enjoyed Chef Nathan's cooking.I know the team enjoyed hosting you and I sincerely hope you will return to us in the not to distant future. Until then we send you and your companions our very best regards,
Sincerely Michael (General Manager)i

Reviewed 11 October 2018

totally enjoyed this stay again even with an upgrade to a suite when we were given a poor room with a poor bathroom on our anniversary. I have just tried to book again from a stay in October half term and went through the MGM muthu booking centre and yet again awful service and no one ringing me back as promised. I have now lost the deal that was on offer yesterday as the standard rooms are sold so yet again am now looking to stay somewhere else which is not a happy option. Do not book through the MGM website and go through Booking .com as it will be guaranteed at time of booking. We will now take our business elsewhere plus all my family and friends who also stay at the Ipswich Belstead brook each year. Poor customer service has now cost you many thousands of pounds over the coming months

Date of stay: August 2018
gm_belstead, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Andy- thanks for your review and kind words. We apologise for the problems experienced in communicating with our call centre and have discussed this with you and passed the comments to the call centre which is not actually based in the hotel. They will carry out their own investigations, however we are pleased we have been able to make your booking for you and you will be staying with us again soon. Looking forward to meeting you.

Michael -General Manager

Reviewed 11 October 2018

I'll preface this by explaining that I work for a humanitarian agency of the UN, so spend a lot of time in hotels around the world. I also live in Switzerland, the spiritual home of the hospitality industry. So I have grown accustomed to high standards of service, .

Yet, by any standard, this hotel has a lot going for it including: a new General Manager with a wealth of international experience, and some great ideas for raising the hotel to a new level; a spa offering a range of treatments, including the use of a beautiful indoor pool, and the whole set in stunningly beautiful grounds! The main hotel is an old hunting lodge, and every room I saw was individually styled: there is no hint of the "identical-rooms-no-matter-whether-you-are-in-Tokyo-or-London" syndrome which afflicts the large hotel chains here! My own garden room (superior double category), was immaculately decorated in a Chinoiserie style, with a blissfully comfortable bed, a wealth of drawer and hanging space, and a HUGE winged-armchair and footstool - perfect for relaxing in the evening!

When I arrived, a new restaurant menu was being introduced, and it manages to combine both innovative nouvelle cuisine with comfort-food like steak and ale pie, so there really is something for everyone! And even outside restaurant hours there is a wonderful selection of sandwiches available (the smoked salmon sandwich in particular is to die for, and although I didn't allow myself the afternoon cream tea, it looked exquisite!)

Add to all of the above, management and staff who do not hesitate from going the extra mile for even a demanding guest, and I'd say this hotel really is a little gem. Highly recommended!

Room tip: The garden rooms are quiet and well-appointed
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Genevoise750- On behalf of the team here at Belstead Brook may I take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind words. These are highly appreciated and are a great motivator in our efforts to meet guest expectations and progress to provide more facilities and excellent hospitality services in the area. We wish you an enjoyable stay with us and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Michael - General Manager

Reviewed 10 October 2018

I attended a baby shower at the hotel in Ipswich which included the afternoon tea. To say I was disappointed with the food is an understatement.
The sandwiches where soggy and not made fresh, the cakes were stale and cold like they had been defrosted, the tea and coffee was not poured fresh and served in flasks. The glasses and mugs were not clean.

I would not expect this from this organisation – the overall experience was disappointing – Staff were standing around in the hall ways not doing any work – surely they should have been utilised when catering for such a large number of people and perhaps served us fresh tea? Or even cleaned the toilets as these were also unacceptable.

I have used the facilities and hotel a number of times over the years and I am extremely disappointed.

I have since written a complaint to the hotel and they have not even had the decency to respond!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank aa1794

Dear Guest- thank you for taking the time to write a review following your afternoon tea. We have already been in contact and I have apologised and explained the reason for the delay in responding was due to a short gap during a change of General Managers. I would like to re-assure anyone considering taking afternoon tea, that our sandwiches , cakes and pastries are freshly made and you will see a considerable improvement during your next visit. I look forward to meeting you soon.

Michael

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Having read the reviews I was a little worried about staying here, I shouldn’t have been. Our experience was a good one, the staff were very friendly and helpful particularly Junior on reception and the lovely blonde lady unfortunately I didn’t get her name, Lee in the restaurant and the bar tender who all went out of their way to help and should be recognised for their professionalism. The pool area was great, lots of beds to relax on and the pool and hot tub lovely. The room was clean and functional and an extra pillow request quickly dealt with. A mistake with the cooking of a steak in the restaurant was rectified and free desserts given. For the price paid for our 2 night stay I couldn’t fault it, it was great value for money and we would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gm_belstead, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and Iam deiighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your feedback and kind words mean alot to the team and I have shared this with them.

Jim Murray