Reviews (1 540)
1 540 results
1 029
1 029
All reviews copper bath sail loft marina room the penthouse salt house sister hotel scallops lovely hotel suffolk breakfast in bury st edmunds car park front facing afternoon tea breakfast in bed boutique hotel small balcony huge bed
10 - 15 of 1 540 reviews
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Really lovely hotel with helpful staff. Stayed only one night which was a shame as it was so enjoyable. The view of the marina from the bedroom was refreshing and the facilities (bedroom and bathroom) were so large and comfortable. Breakfast, although a tad pricey was delicious too

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Manager_GoughGrp, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Nadine R,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay so much, hopefully next time you'll be able to stay for longer. We also offer rates including breakfast if you book directly with the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

We travelled to Ipswich and stayed for three nights at this lovely boutique hotel. We had a marina view room overlooking the boats on the first floor. On arrival we were greeted by a genuinely friendly receptionist, who we later learned was the manageress. The room was lovely and had everything that we needed, really comfortable bed with amazing pillows. Good bathroom, my only criticism is that the room is a little dark and the bathroom doesn't have a magnifying illuminated light for the ladies putting on their makeup. It was a good thing I had taken my trusty mirror, which to be honest I very rarely need to use travelling because bathrooms are so much better equipped these days. The housekeeping staff are very helpful and replenish your needs in a generous and efficient. There is parking at the hotel and this can be tricky over a weekend, but if you can't get a space by the hotel, the outside staff will take you car, park it off site and bring it back when you need it. Over the three days this only happened once. The decor of the hotel is modern, bright and welcoming. The sitting area has lovely views looking out over the marina with picture windows, it is an ideal place to people watch and sip a glass cold white wine. And what a great location to sit and enjoy the buzz of the quay. The position of the hotel within an easy walk of some very good restaurants, the town with its abundant shopping facilities, cinema and theatre. We didn't eat in the restaurant at the hotel but it was very popular and the hotel also offers afternoon teas. All in all we had a lovely stay and would highly recommended it, look forward to returning soon.

Stayed: September 2018
Manager_GoughGrp, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear katie e,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Please do come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Perfect location, it appears to be an older building that has been very thoroughly modernized, The décor is unusual but lots of fun and quite well done, Reception was very friendly. Based on our short visit to Ipswich, this seems to be the best hotel in town by a large margin.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Manager_GoughGrp, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear bebseattle,

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read your comments and hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Wow what an amazing place! I arrived at about 8.30pm after a long drive and full day. I couldn’t park so popped into the hotel to see where I could leave my car.Lexi on reception was brilliant,she got someone to take care of my car, asked if I wanted menus and exceeded my expectations with every request I had she truly made a lasting impression and before I saw the room/hotel due to her I knew I would visit again.I had dinner in the restaurant which was very tasty. The rooms are nice and quiet and I am sure I am going to get a great nights sleep.
Well done Lexi!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Lucie C,

Thank you for your lovely comments.

I have passed your comments onto the team and especially Lexi who is a great ambassador for the company.

Do come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

My wife and I visited IPSWICH for a day and made reservations for one night at the hotel. We had a beautiful view of the harbor and a very nice meal at the hotel. Customer service was average at the restaurant and the front desk was great with helping you with whatever we needed. Overall a very nice place to stay and we plan on going back in the near future.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear 715ralphf,

Thank you for your recent review and we look forward to seeing you again.