All reviews london road swimming pool health club park and ride steam room and sauna nice pool bit dated reception staff plenty of parking leisure facilities bar area an upgrade room was clean and comfortable walk in shower stayed for one night tea and coffee evening meal
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Definitely worth the decent price they charge. Family friendly hotel in a peaceful location. Rooms are typically Holiday inn types, vey comfortable, not big but good enough. There is free parking and it has ample spaces. Pool area is good with a decent size pool and spa services. There is a even a small play area for kids. We liked the breakfast, typical english breakfast with order to cook omelettes inclusive. Overall, would recommend it for a short and peaceful stay for a decent price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near reception, else there is lot of walking
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
General Manager H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear gaurav_sngl

Thank you for the lovely review, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us .

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel three times in last 5 weeks, the last period for 5 nights arriving on a Sunday evening. Business trip with 12 plus colleagues. Was placed in the furthest room from the reception, bar and restaurant. Didn’t understand why as the hotel was empty on Sunday with plenty of other rooms closer. The room was very small. I’m aware there were larger rooms but despite being there for 5 nights we were allocated the small ones. We were working in our rooms and there was limited room between the desk and bed, so working was somewhat uncomfortable.

In addition, the room access cards were not working, so having walked some distance to our rooms, we had to return to reception to get our cards re-activated. This continued throughout our stay, with one evening 7 of us standing in the corridor waiting for a member of staff to come with new cards.

I’m a IHG member and often stay in this chain. Normally the standard is good but my experience with this hotel was poor and on future trips to area will look elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Plymouth9

Thank you for your review . I am sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay . With regards to room allocation , If you were staying for one night we could have allocated you a room closer to reception however because you stayed for 5 nights we had to ensure that we met your room requirements for the duration of the stay aswell as other customers who were arriving in the week.
I am sorry about the key cards not working , this could be for a number of reasons, where they are kept , the length of time they are cut for or the key cutter not programming it right. From your comments I would say they were not cut for the duration of the stay and I apologise for this . Retraining with the front desk team will take place.

Once again thankyou for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The Holiday Inn is very much as you would expect, clean, tidy and slightly more up market than its nearest rival Premier Inn and overall my one night stay whilst on business was good.

I used the hotel bar and restaurant and found both to be good but I have two points which have lead me to go for a 3 star rating. Firstly on arrival after a long day at work it took roughly 10 minutes to check in, this was not because of a lot of people checking in but more to do with the hotels checking process which is rather slow.

And secondly the heating control in my room was not working, it would only allow cold air meaning the best option was to turn it off and although the room wasnt very cold I would have prefered a warmer room and a more confatable climate to wake up to.

My review is based on a one night short visit but overall my vist was good just let down by a couple of minor issues.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mark H

Thank you for your review and the constructive feedback you have provided . I am glad your visit was good however am sorry to read that you had a few minor issues during your one night stay.

I have passed your comments on to the relevant Heads of departments to action any points .

Once again thank you for your feedback

Anjay

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Good sized room but very very small but clean. Cooked breakfast overcooked and anything was absolutely tasteless. Good location close to main A14 for those travelling through needing an overnight stay

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin W
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Hi Kevin W,

Thank you for staying with us here in Ipswich. I appreciate your review and we highly regard your opinion. I am sorry that the room size presented a not so pleasing atmosphere and the breakfast preparations came short of pleasing your appetite. Being the most important meal of the day, we commit to serve our food on point, from the way they are prepared until they are served.

We aim nothing more but to bring the ease of travel to all our guests but regret these issues made you think otherwise. Despite the shortcomings, I'm happy to see that the room upkeep live up to the standards and our location easily accessible. With this, I know we have great opportunities to look forward to. I have communicated your feedback to our management team to work on where we fell short.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I look forward to your next visit and make it better.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Being honest when I booked the hotel for accommodation for a friends wedding I had made up my mind “its just a bed”! Well eat my words! Check in was fabulous with happy friendly staff showing a real interest in how our journey was from Scotland and gave us information on the town and the area. Great welcome. The room had obviously recently had a refurbishment done and was nice and fresh, absolutely spotlessly clean and nice temperature. We then decided to have a drink in the bar and plan dinner. The receptionist suggested eating in the bar so we looked and the menu and I was a bit surprised as normally focus service hotels have basic, frozen foods on offer? So we ordered and I had the lamb and my partner the blade of beef! Ok holiday inn you shocked me again! Simply WOW! The lamb was cooked to perfection and accompanied with root vegetables in a tomato sauce and potatoes! I am a huge lamb fan and can honestly say it was superb. My partner is a bit fussy with beef but said it was absolutely brilliant. We made comment on how great it was to the reception team who sold us breakfast vouchers on the back of it and again so not disappointed. My belief is holiday inn breakfasts are 4/5 hot items and a pile of yoghurts! Oh not here, eggs cooked in 3 ways, 2 types of bacon, beans, mushrooms, tomato’s, potato rostis, fried bread, 2 types of link sausage and black pudding! Then a massive selection of fresh fruit, breads, pastries, cereals and yoghurt! It was one of the best hotel breakfasts we have had! Every single member of staff we met was happy, smiling and welcoming. If we ever have the need to come back down this way I can guarantee it would be here I will book. It’s very clear to see that this hotel is ran by a management team who appreciate their teams as this shows in the excellent service we received. 110% highly recommend this hotel as it’s definitely not a standard Holiday Inn!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank GoPlaces730482
General Manager H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

I am so glad that we have changed your perception of Holiday Inns and that you had a great stay . Yes we do appreciate all colleagues in the Hotel and we are delighted to read you will recommend us .

Look forward to welcoming you back.