Review Highlights
Fantastic view

Drive around the great orme by marine drive after paying a small fee at the toll gate it has the... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
24ppe
Llandudno, United Kingdom
via mobile
On top of the World!

Second only to Snowdon itself, the Great Orme is an easily accessible mountain by the sea. You can... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago

4 677
1 564
4 677
1 564
All reviews cable car toll road fantastic views marine drive crazy golf tram ride walk up well worth a visit half way gift shop isle of man puffin island great walk well worth the effort mini golf worth a trip happy valley
426 - 431 of 6 497 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

LOVE The Great Orme, Llandudno great views.will defferntly go again.Went with wife,Grandaughter,Son and daughter.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We drove to the top of Great Orme passing the halfway station for the tram en route and seeing the passengers disembarking at the upper station. It was a sunny June morning but windy and to me somewhat bracing. Below I could see farm buildings and sheep dotting the green fields. There is a souvenir shop, a mini golf course, a teashop and a panoramic view of the Irish sea.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I went up to the top of Great Orme by the tram, then spent the rest of the day walking the paths, marvelling at the mighty limestone cliffs and enjoying the flowers, birds and other wildlife. There is a very interesting information centre near the top tram station, also a cafe which I didn't visit as I had brought food with me. From the summit you can see most of the top of the Orme, and sea views reaching as far as Anglesey. There are some interesting rock formations and remains of old quarries, and a few cottages and a farmhouse on the top too. I made a visit to the Copper Mines, then walked down to the town via the huge escarpment high above the pier, which gave amazing views. From there I found some rough steps which led down to Happy Valley, an attractive garden overlooking the pier, and a short walk to the seafront. The following day I climbed up onto Great Orme top via Haulfre Gardens, which are near the town tram station I walked to the far end and came down a road to Rest and Be Thankful Cafe, then walked all the way back to town along Marine Drive, passing incredible layered limestone cliffs, where I watched some rock-climbers in action. The Great Orme is a wonderful place to visit, but it can be quite cool and windy on top, even on a hot sunny day, so I recommend taking a jacket with you!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

had a really nice day out in Llandudno, recommend for anyone that likes good clean air,
very clean resort ,no litter or rubbish, shops just off the promenade, hotels look neat & tidy, took cable car up the GREAT ORME, A little pricey £10.50 per person. not per car . the views all around that part of the coast are very good.
ice scream in the park with a good view was worth it.
Will I go again MMMmmmm Yes with good weather & fair winds, very nice place

Reviewed 26 June 2018

A group of former neighbours arrange an annual meet up in various diverse locations arround the western area of the UK. This time we met up in Conwy close to Llandudno where one of our couples grew up and wed many years ago. Out of our group of 10, 8 walked the coastal path from Conwy to Landudno, the less able took the bus!
I had originally been to Llandudno and the Great Orme over 60 years ago - things had changed! The last time Randolph Turpin, former world boxing champion occupied the summit facility and had erected an outdoor boxing ring to spar in - as I said very different. The railway to the top is in two stages with a cast bronze of a mountain goat at the rail exit at the summit. There is still some distance to travel before the actual summit - do go prepared for it to be both cold and very windy - blows the cobwebs away and nearly blew me over as I entered the cafe and memorabilia area dedicated to Turpin - who had a very sad end to his life!
It was a very pleasant trip down memory lane with friends of over 40 years.
The views from the top are spectacular - but you need a clear day to benefit from this super experience.

Date of experience: April 2018