Reviews (1 071)
1 071 results
All reviewspoolside restaurantdecanter of sherrywatkins restaurantoutdoor poolsteam room and saunafour courseshomemade biscuitsthe main hotelspa facilitieshotel restaurantlovely hotelosborne housesister hotelevening mealmostyn streethigh standarddvd player
47 - 52 of 1 071 reviews
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Went to THe Empire recently for a meal with friends, it was delicious, couldn’t fault a thing and lovely pool side table, service was very good and pleased to see gluten free options, I was well catered for, will definitely be returning and recommending.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We had a one night stay hear and we both loved it.
The room was beautiful and the bed super comfortable.
We had a meal in the restaurant on the Saturday evening and it was very good. Had drinks in the lounge and then thought to the restaurant to eat. The meal was excellent and the staff are super friendly.
The breakfast on Sunday was equally as good as everything else.
I would highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be returning

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I don't think I've ever given anywhere a second review (if I have I can't remember) but I've come here so often a second is deserved.

I have a soft spot for independent hotels that keep up old fashioned style and quality and that sums up the Empire.

Personal, friendly service. Good food, comfortable rooms. Reasonable rates. What's not to like?

Parking can be a challenge, the hotel doesn't have quite enough spaces and the roads around have a lot of parked cars but I've never failed to find a space nearby. This is an old building in a Victorian town, there's not a lot can be done to provide more space!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Visited the empire in a group of 12
Disappointed that we couldn't sit together yet there was ample room for the tables to be joined together but we're told that we weren't allowed .food was good but the pudding was a bit disappointing as there was little taste of lemon meringue in the roulade as it was overpowered by the summerfruit which was on the top of it .the meal is good value for money

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Just got back from my overnight stay. I booked a superior room which is situated in the building next door. I quite enjoyed staying in this building as it felt more private, as it is just an accomodation block.
The room was lovely, full of character with antique furniture and very spacious.
If I had to find a fault, and it is only a very minor one, that would be the hospitality tray and toiletries. At first I thought the previous guests had left their shampoo etc in the bathroom, as there were half empty bottles in the bath, but then I realise this is what the hotel provide. (I travel very lightly on short trips, therefore use whatever the hotel provide). The same went for the hospitality tray, a few loose tea bags and some unwrapped biscuits out of a packet etc. I normally expect a little more when I book an upgraded room.
As you would expect from an old building like this, the floor boards are creaky and you can hear people coming and going, so if you like quietness, perhaps a ground floor room would be best.
The breakfast was excellent. Quite unusual that there was a hot selection at the buffet, but you could also order same items from the menu. I ordered from the menu, and
I was very satisfied. The coffee was good too.
As for the outdoor plunge pool and terrace, well that was a little suntrap and was not crowded. I enjoyed a couple of hours in the sun there.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo