“Pool fun get for kids”

Ranked #42 of 62 things to do in Eastbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve visited this pool many times over the years but more so recently with my niece and nephew. We have always had a great time here it does get very busy especially when it’s the school holidays or weekends and sometimes you are made to wait until some people come out to be able to go in.

Kids seem to really love it here there is a slide for bigger kids, a toddler slide and wave machine so plenty for all ages.

On many occasions I have forgotten my nieces armbands but managed to get some from the little shop that they have there. Problem solved!

There is also a restaurant within the building I have to be honest I’ve only really eaten chips so can’t really comment on the food. However, my my niece and nephew have no problems finishing their food.

The only thing that really let it down was that when I went alone with two children I wasn’t aloud In one time. The lady in reception wouldn’t let me in and said I needed another adult even though I explain that I had been In by myself with the same two children two weeks before. I suppose it was for the safety of the children just a bit annoying as had to find something else to do.

I would recommend to all!

SovereignCentre, Manager at Sovereign Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Millie-Louise88,

Thank you for recent review, and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

The centre operates a pool ratio system for under 8s in the swimming pool.Children aged 4-7 years must be accompanied by an adult (i.e. over the age of 16 years) on a maximum of a 2:1 ratio. Children under the age of 4 years must be accompanied by an adult on a maximum of a 1:1 ratio. Family Swim Sessions are available when children under the age of 4 may be accompanied by an adult on a maximum of a 2:1 ratio providing they wear approved buoyancy aids.

regards

"float"
"lengths"
"equipment"

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Whorst gum ever very dirty roof licking bad bad bad any eanginering works they dont inform members, if you quit they still charge you

SovereignCentre, Manager at Sovereign Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Hi Lukasz,

Thank you for your review, if you send me an email through our enquiry page (https://www.eastbourneleisurecentres.com/sovereign_centre/ABOUT_Contact) I will be happy to look into your problems? I'm sure that if your membership was cancelled in line with our terms and conditions, you would not have been charged.

The Sovereign Team

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived to be told that the Swimming Pool was full, however what this meant was there were only two life guards on duty. There seemed to be little organisation when dealing with numbers in the pool.
Also, we were told that the slide would be running when we called reception earlier that day. However, to our disappointment, when we arrived there was no slide running and the Jacuzzi was covered up.

Apart from this, we enjoyed the wave machine especially and the swimming pool and poolside were clean. There was also a Café on poolside which served food.

1  Thank paddydolan
SovereignCentre, Manager at Sovereign Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi paddydolan,

Thank you for your recent review, sorry for the delay with your entry and the slide being closed, and I'm pleased you had a good time.

Phil

Reviewed 27 March 2018

A clean, well run centre.

The life guards are very vigilant - so much so, that one leaped in to rescue our kids when they suddenly got out of their comfort zone / depth rushing for a big float. I was very impressed.

There were a couple of annoying points that need addressing:

I won’t pay the parking charge of £1 next time we go as there seems no point - no ticket to display on the car. Seems a bit of an honesty tax.

Secondly, the wave machine, slide and trainer pool was out of action. No reduction in price or notice of this.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Having lived within the area for 20 years, I can safely say that the sovereign centre hasn't changed in that time it's absolutely disgusting.I refuse to bring my children here and would rather drive out of town to take my children swimming, however decided to give the sovereign centre a chance to change my mind today. Well,it didn't it's still disgusting and dirty, where to start firstly having paid £12 for myself and 5 year old to come, we headed to the changing rooms tiles cracked floor slippery and filthy changing rooms, toilets very dull and dingy also look like they haven't been cleaned in years, broken locks and pipes were so cracked u can see the water (toilet contents traveling when trying to flush toilet). Did see a cleaner however they cleaned the toilet then used same cloth to clean the sink and showers very hygienic? So we swam within 40 mins of being in the water my daughter's legs became so itchy we had to get out from whatever was in the water and her eyes were sore from the chlorine.Never has this happened anywhere but at the sovereign centre and she swims once a week aswell. We went to the apprant Jacuzzi where around it were signs saying maximum 10 ppl at anyone time, we were in there for 10 mins and at least 15 ppl including myself and daughter were in there with life guards at both sides continuing to let more ppl in. The slide when u come down at the bottom it wobbles and felt very unsafe again something that hasn't changed since I was a child I'm now 36.After an hour of trying to enjoy what was meant to be a fun morning with my daughter we got changed in the female changing rooms again filthy dingy with some half doored cubicles most pointless changing facilities a few with no doors on. The showers were again needing a good clean there was hair in the guttering where the water from showers was gathering (hair can't be helped but was quite a bit of it so hadn't been collected in a while). The water was cold and just an awful experience plus the new lockers where before u paid £1 to keep ur belongings safe (used to be returned) NOW it's £.20 every time you open the locker not returned after all your only borrowing the locker as you can't save tables its rediculas. From not visiting the sovereign centre for nearly 2 years it's very unlikely after this experience I'll be returning anytime soon. The only thing that looked to have kept well maintained (ish)was the gym. Which is sad as there are many gyms in Eastbourne but not another swimming centre with flumes or family pools for anything other than lengths.which is a shame.

1  Thank emmamorris0810
SovereignCentre, Manager at Sovereign Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Emmamorris0810, thank you for your recent review, I believe you have also left a message on Facebook which we will reply to.

The Sovereign Team