Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$180
Reviews (1 494)
1 494 results
1 020
1 020
All reviews ladies festival sea view lovely hotel table service waiting staff well run hotel fantastic weekend sea front biscuits afternoon tea single room walk in shower could not fault dining room my mum enjoyable stay evening meal
Selected filters
11 - 16 of 1 494 reviews
Reviewed 24 December 2020

Superb location, excellent breakfast, the staff, and manager were wonderful. I stayed in a single room which was really comfortable for me. I treated my elderly mother for lunch in the restaurant, which was the best meal that we had at an Eastbourne hotel. This is my second visit to the Langham hotel. I spent a wonderful week at this hotel. When I walk in I immediately feel relaxed. This is a lovely hotel and I will be back. David

Room tip: My single room was quiet, well heated and had nice windows
Reviewed 22 December 2020 via mobile

We visited The Langham on 3.12.20 to celebrate my husband's birthday, having booked a superior sea view room, and were looking forward to a lovely quiet evening sitting by the bay window enjoying the views. It turned out, the room we got (141, I think - first floor in the corner) did not have the bay window, or even a coffee table to sit by - I'm guessing it was too small for that. The double bed was very small as well - I'm only 5'4", and my legs were hanging off the bed. My husband is 6'4", and he had no way to make himself comfortable, really. Also, I'd never seen a 4-star hotel without a proper bedding - the blanket and bed sheet scenario I consider unhygienic at the best of times, nevermind with Covid around. I liked the bathroom, but it would've been nicer with the shower soap rack cleaned off the soap scum. We loved the food, but I concur with the comments about poor quality of the coffee - it tasted like water rather than actual coffee. The lovely waitress made me another one, only marginally better. I think the staff may need a bit more training in that respect, or a good coffee machine.
We really liked the hotel's decor, and enjoyed the dinner, but found the "superior" seaview room rather small and disappointing. We did mention it to the reception staff upon checking out, but all we got was "Oh, sorry to hear that", and some leaflets about the winter offers. It was the first night after the lockdown, and - judging by the breakfast list - only about 7 rooms were taken in the whole hotel, as we found out in the morning, so it feels like we got the worst they could get away with for what we paid, which didn't make s feel very welcome.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2020

All of the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, despite the difficult Covid restrictions. The hotel was beautiful, with a comfy bar, lovely food and wine and clean rooms with very good wifi throughout the hotel. Rarely have I felt so welcome in a hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2020

Had a great dinner in the restaurant, culminating in Crepes Suzette cooked a the table, best food in Eastbourne, really great staff and warm inviting ambience, live trio playing great background music and love the new cocktail bar , really excellent value.

Reviewed 20 December 2020

If you are looking for an excellent meal in Eastbourne look no further than the Langham Hotel, which is right on the seafront. The restaurant has a wonderfully warm welcome, now with a new cocktail bar, the service is exemplary and with a very varied menu offering delicious food, you could ask for nothing more. Last evening was most enjoyable with great food, excellent live music that did not encroach on our conversation and all at a very reasonable price. Good food and service in the hotel bar during the day too. A hotel and restaurant that deserves this high recommendation. (Living in Eastbourne I personally, have not stayed at The Langham but friends who have gave it a very big "thumbs up")