All reviews toby carvery travel lodge toby inn vending machine post code car lot family room no lift a ground floor room comfortable bed clean hotel main town night stay great shower comfortable stay business trip decent size
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well placed with a restaurant next door (not associated with TL, but reasonable quality and value). The staff were excellent, they could not have been more genuinely helpful. Bed was very comfortable, although a little small for us. Everything worked well, very impressed.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018

This is a welcoming, friendly, clean and tidy Travelodge-situated on the edge of town .What a great pity that it doesn't have a café on site , but Sainsburys is on the next roundabout for a good value breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We have never stayed in a Travelodge before but the addiction of a dog to our family has reduced our choices of hotel. However I was pleasantly surprised. The location on an industrial estate would not have been our first choice but that aside the staff were welcoming and very friendly. The room was large (bigger than the Premier Inn) and spotless. Yes it needs updating but for what you pay it’s amazing value. We did not go to the adjacent Toby Carvery having read some awful reviews plus you can’t take.a dog so we just drove into Eastbourne for breakfast. If you can live with the location and don’t mind a drive into Eastbourne I would definitely recommend.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Really comfortable bed in lovely room. Tea making facilities with proper big china mugs and self service access to more tea bags etc. Very helpful friendly staff. Would recommend this hotel if you are overnighting before or after ferry.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2018

I stayed here after cycling on the Southdown's. I chose Travelodge as I knew what to expect and it would be warm and have a hot shower. It was a little far out of the town for my liking but everything else was as expected. When I booked I booked online, however I phoned to ask about storing bikes and they offered me a ground room and we were able to take our bikes into the room which was brilliant. Also I asked about a phone charger and the receptionist loaned me her own so I could charge my phone before checkout!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends